Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think Tony and Barber maybe thinking they've made a mistake..........

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I haven't written him off.

I ask again, what have you seen in him that suggests he will make the grade at our level?

I will be ECSTATIC if he starts to bang them in.

But, then again, I will be ECSTATIC if CMS does too. Likewise COG and Colunga (or anyone else in our team for that matter).

So far, CMS has 1 Championship goal this season. 1. 3 in total. Baldock has none. None in total - in a word, unproven. I'm not saying he won't make it. Just saying there is NOTHING in his play for us so far that suggests he will be the answer to our striker problems. OK?

:lol: I haven't seen too much from Baldock yet, but then none of our fans have as he's played so little football for us. I'm not saying he's definitely the answer, but until we've seen him play in a run of games I simply don't see the point in judging him. Also, what is the point in comparing goals between CMS and Baldock when one has played a lot more games than the other?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FWIW, I think that Sami has us playing in the most attractive way since we rolled up at the Amex - look at the stats !
As a previous poster noted, we are hardly in a worse position than we were at this time last season and, other than for unforced errors, the Albion would be significantly higher up the table. Sami is a new manager and has introduced his own style which, after eleven match days, is getting better and better to my mind. The argument that we have not replaced striker for striker is fair comment but, given the financial circumstances of the club that should hardly be surprising. Again we have hardly given our new additions time nor opportunity to prove themselves and CMS, who was our leading scorer until the time of his injury, is hardly deserving of the negative comment he has received on here given the severity of his injury and the time in which he was sidelined. And no, Ashley Barnes was never the solution !
I think that we may be looking at the situation a bit differently by Christmas and I hope that I will be proved to be correct.
UTA.

Great post. Feel a bit more positive after all of that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
3 chances in 155 minutes of football, isn't a great return for one dominant possession game, and one reasonably even possession game.

Talk me through KLL and Gardener 3 shots from combined yardage of over 90 yards.
What about at least 6 times Tex holding onto the ball and having it tackled off him instead of doing something/anything with it.
How about the freedom Bruno had on Tues, and less so today, barring a fluke he produced very little.

All the above and plenty more examples are stopping any striker from having a decent chance.

They are all likely (hopefully) going to improve at which point then we can question the strikers.

They should be getting a hat full of good chances, not half arsed scraps.
I haven't the time or energy to try and discuss football with you, the single most stubborn user on this forum.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:lol: I haven't seen too much from Baldock yet, but then none of our fans have as he's played so little football for us. I'm not saying he's definitely the answer, but until we've seen him play in a run of games I simply don't see the point in judging him. Also, what is the point in comparing goals between CMS and Baldock when one has played a lot more games than the other?

Well, I suspect your beloved Sam B will get his chance soon enough, with CMS out, and Barber's wallet showing no sign of opening any wider than a gnat's chuff. We'll see. Personally, my expectations are pretty low for Sam B: Personally, I would loan a proven Championship-level striker now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Look at his previous record in the Championship, then consider his start with us. Then consider why we didn't spend the money we needed to spend on Ulloa's replacement. Surely even you can't be so shortsighted that you can't spot our striker failings, and that includes Baldock (unfortunately not limited to him). Our beloved strikers have 1, count them 1, goal between them in 11 (eleven) Championship games. Think before you post for a change.

So we should write him off based on his 'start', which is what, 3 games? Also, don't try to get away from your piss-poor argument targeting Baldock by bringing other players into it. I'm not shortsighted in knowing that our strikers aren't failing, but i'm not going to blame one player that's played about 25% of our season so far. Bless, you tried.

Lets face it sweetie, when 'thinking before we post', you're at the front of the queue. Never has a coherent, level thought exited that head of yours.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, I suspect your beloved Sam B will get his chance soon enough, with CMS out, and Barber's wallet showing no sign of opening any wider than a gnat's chuff. We'll see. Personally, my expectations are pretty low for Sam B: Personally, I would loan a proven Championship-level striker now.
I'm not expecting fireworks from Baldock, but as I keep saying, we can't judge him until he's had a fair chance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So we should write him off based on his 'start', which is what, 3 games? Also, don't try to get away from your piss-poor argument targeting Baldock by bringing other players into it. I'm not shortsighted in knowing that our strikers aren't failing, but i'm not going to blame one player that's played about 25% of our season so far. Bless, you tried.

Lets face it sweetie, when 'thinking before we post', you're at the front of the queue. Never has a coherent, level thought exited that head of yours.

Nice!

(a) I haven't written him off.
(b) I haven't blamed him (alone) for our poor start.
(c) (a) and (b) prove that you are, once again, incapable of understanding what I have posted.

In short, kindly:

(a) read
(b) engage brain
(c) post

In a nutshell, think before you post.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not expecting fireworks from Baldock, but as I keep saying, we can't judge him until he's had a fair chance.

I think we need to act in the loan market now, not hope that one of our strikers, including Sam B, comes good.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I do think Leo would be on about 15 goals if he had stayed with us and we would be top 3. But you can't say no to £8m.

I'm not sure the price offered was the only factor. If we had turned them down flat would Leo have got on with his game knowing that a fat juicy contract had gone begging. Think it was more the player wanting to go than us selling him for £8m

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nice!

(a) I haven't written him off.
(b) I haven't blamed him (alone) for our poor start.
(c) (a) and (b) prove that you are, once again, incapable of understanding what I have posted.

In short, kindly:

(a) read
(b) engage brain
(c) post

In a nutshell, think before you post.

Why? What has Baldock done so far to suggest he is good enough for the Championship? No better than CMS this season, who has also been ****ing useles.

Well, that post certainly sounds like you're giving him your backing.

I'll do the same when you learn to. I'm not holding my breath.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I haven't the time or energy to try and discuss football with you, the single most stubborn user on this forum.
Strange.

I ask valid questions of the teams ability to support any striker.
You don't answer anything beyond your one mantra of 'we need a better striker'.
I concede in time you may well be proven correct.

Yet I'm the single most stubborn user on the forum.

Hmmmm how odd.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
FWIW, I think that Sami has us playing in the most attractive way since we rolled up at the Amex - look at the stats !
As a previous poster noted, we are hardly in a worse position than we were at this time last season and, other than for unforced errors, the Albion would be significantly higher up the table. Sami is a new manager and has introduced his own style which, after eleven match days, is getting better and better to my mind. The argument that we have not replaced striker for striker is fair comment but, given the financial circumstances of the club that should hardly be surprising. Again we have hardly given our new additions time nor opportunity to prove themselves and CMS, who was our leading scorer until the time of his injury, is hardly deserving of the negative comment he has received on here given the severity of his injury and the time in which he was sidelined. And no, Ashley Barnes was never the solution !
I think that we may be looking at the situation a bit differently by Christmas and I hope that I will be proved to be correct.
UTA.

I'll go along with that
good post

I think the only mistake at the moment is not securing the services of a decent goal scorer. Too many games we are not punishing the opposition, we've got a decent defence, decent midfield but sod all in terms of a goal threat. I really do believe a solid striker would see us shoot up the table.

Completely this! I have really enjoyed the change in the way that we have played. Cardiff were a class keeper away from a pasting

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Strange.

I ask valid questions of the teams ability to support any striker.
You don't answer anything beyond your one mantra of 'we need a better striker'.
I concede in time you may well be proven correct.

Yet I'm the single most stubborn user on the forum.

Hmmmm how odd.
The stubbornness is your inability to see we are providing chances for our hapless strikers, and that when the chances come they're wasteful. CMS isn't starved of chances in this formation, he's just not good enough to fulfil his role.Cheerio :wave:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Hyypia was a clever dick appointment as he is another one without any Championship experience and is personality and charisma free to add to the mistake

Who gives a toss about personality and charisma? Do you not realise, this is football, not the RSC...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The stubbornness is your inability to see we are providing chances for our hapless strikers, and that when the chances come they're wasteful. CMS isn't starved of chances in this formation, he's just not good enough to fulfil his role.Cheerio :wave:
I just don't see how having a difference of opinion in the quality and quantity of chances created, esp in a more dynamic formation, makes me stubborn and you not.

My mantra has always been give our strikers enough decent chances to fail before judging them a failure.
That clearly didn't happen today, and yet CoG has been judged a failure.

The fact that I have also conceded some ground by saying in time you may well be proven correct, confuses me still further.

Still if not agreeing with you makes me stubborn, so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here