Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was expecting Krul to take his place today but full marks to him he played well and with confidence so full credit to him. One point I did like was that in the last 5 mins or so every time he got the ball he went to ground to use up time, great,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was expecting Krul to take his place today but full marks to him he played well and with confidence so full credit to him. One point I did like was that in the last 5 mins or so every time he got the ball he went to ground to use up time, great,

Krull was never going to take his place today but I think by bringing Krull in then it lets him know that there is a well respected keeper in the wings. Matty is a good keeper. Its like most players it takes a few good games to make you believe in YOURSELF

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Pulled off some great saves, the Shelvey corner and the Gayle shot at the end were great too. His kicking was awful, had atleast 3 that went straight out.

He has the confidence of the manager to fire pinpoint GKs to wide areas at a particular height so it can get flicked on the touchline, targeting their full backs.

A couple went out of touch today but it's not an easy skill, it was clear at points last season Stockdale was asked to do the same thing and wasn't great at it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

We were losing two nil mug

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Distribution was a bit off in places today, but his saves were vital to keep us in the game and he looks generally assured.

He's got my trust.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Seems to me that after a ropey start he's beginning to come good. I'm not 100% team Ryan yet but am well on my way. Hopefully he's only going to get better and better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But he's failed Spence'd height test so he's screwed..?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here