Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson - pure class going to be international defender no doubt

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We've replaced Greer with a player 10yrs younger and a better player. I can't see Goldson not playing a signifying chunk of his career in the Premier League. When will he be made captain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Should we win promotion to the Premier League and Conor gets to ply his trade at the top levl then I see no reason why he wouldn't be on the fringes of a future England squad. Both he and Lewis will have ample opportunity to prove their worth at the next level, we'll have a lot of defending to do.

If we do not go up then I think Conor would need to move to a premier league club to get a call up. He is certainly maturing at a rapid rate. A superb find by the recuruitment team, I agree with every thing the OP said.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think we all loved Elphick, and though we saw less of him, we knew Cook had potential too.

But how many of us REAAALLLLLLLY thought that they would go on to become a full time permanent starting Prem CB partnership? And the done pretty good haven't they?

I think D&G could well go all the way and perform well as a Prem CB pair. They may get q couple of pastings and have to learn some new tricks pretty quickly at top level, but they have all the core skills, strength and temperament. Good luck to 'em.

I think we all loved Elphick, and though we saw less of him, we knew Cook had potential too.

But how many of us REAAALLLLLLLY thought that they would go on to become a full time permanent starting Prem CB partnership? And the done pretty good haven't they?

I think D&G could well go all the way and perform well as a Prem CB pair. They may get q couple of pastings and have to learn some new tricks pretty quickly at top level, but they have all the core skills, strength and temperament. Good luck to 'em.

I didn't think Elphick had been a permanent starter in the PL.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We've replaced Greer with a player 10yrs younger and a better player. I can't see Goldson not playing a signifying chunk of his career in the Premier League. When will he be made captain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was captain at Shrewsbury at 21. Can definitely see why.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I recall Elphick being slated by many as not good enough for League 1 on a few occasions. While I never agreed with that I certainly never thought he'd make the PL. Goldson is a much better player and if he can continue in the same way then there's no reason that he couldn't play for England one day. As others have said though, it's about development, stepping up and luck (especially with injuries).

Just glad we have him for now.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
If he has an Irish, Scots or Welsh grandparent, then being an international is nailed on.

But let's hope for England!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let's see how he performs in these last 6 matches (and possibly the play-offs). Using a well-worn cliché, every match is like a cup final and this will be a pressure test the like of which he's not experienced.

That said, whatever happens from hereon in, he's managed to keep the captain out of the side. From memory I believe in half a season Greer's only started in two defeats, so it's not as if he was in bad form either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here