Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That roar when we scored

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Watched in on Bein Sports and could hardly hear commentary because of noise crowd were making, even the Bein commentators passed comments about it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Watched in on Bein Sports and could hardly hear commentary because of noise crowd were making, even the Bein commentators passed comments about it.

Brings goosebumps the the skin does that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we were pretty good.

The game was nervy and Everton were embarrassingly quiet.
Traditionally that's a recipe for Charlie Chaplin noise levels (one for the kids) instead we kept it going until the team finally allowed us to blow the bloody doors off.

And that we did.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
That was one of the most emphatic, limbs everywhere celebration as I can remember at the Amex for a while.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Yep, it’s great. Likewise the atmosphere at aways is, and will be great this year, I guess because it’s all new & we’re all up for it but I suspect future seasons will see a gradual decline in ‘roars’ and atmosphere - enjoy this years ride as much as you can

Yeah that plays it part, , it's new to us and every game is crucial to staying up. The fans are making a massive difference though and it's brilliant. If we stay in the Premier league it could become more normal and maybe would quieten down a bit in the end but we have great noisy fans, home and away. We're coming out of a fantastically competitive league and it's just more like real football basically. Some of the prem league fans have been dulled by the status quo I think (not the band)???

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That was one of the most emphatic, limbs everywhere celebration as I can remember at the Amex for a while.

Agree. Proper bananas moment :thumbsup:

Can you just imagine the noise and celebration had Ryan saved the pen :eek:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Couldn't go today but watched on stream and it sounded absolutely brilliant! If that was the flattest it's been I'd like to rewatch WBA & Toon games! Not many Orem grounds are as noisy as ours now are they...? I and many others always said Amex atmo was at least top 6 in the champs.. :

Don't get me wrong. When I say flattest, that is against a very high standard.
this was mainly in the first half, when even the NSK started singing "it's all gone quiet over here"

Are you saying you thought Newcastle was flatter?
My recollection is that Newcastle was one of the best atmospheres I can remember.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]913001965776498688[/tweet]

Bit self indulgent, but what the hey. I didn't do it. :blush:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

[tweet]913001965776498688[/tweet]

Bit self indulgent, but what the hey. I didn't do it. :blush:

It's been getting close to the levels of Sheff Wed game recently. 34 years away from the top league, every win is a party. It's so uplifting when it's loud

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't get me wrong. When I say flattest, that is against a very high standard.
this was mainly in the first half, when even the NSK started singing "it's all gone quiet over here"

Are you saying you thought Newcastle was flatter?
My recollection is that Newcastle was one of the best atmospheres I can remember.

No I'm saying saying toon was fantastic and I wasn't there today but on Tv it sounded amazing. MOTD def didn't do it justice as seemed to have the crowd sound turned down compared to the stream!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Quietest of the 4 home games so far, although it did liven up in the 2nd half. 2 reasons for me, the early KO so less lubrication, and secondly, the crowd to an extent feed of the team, and we didn't do much first 20mins to get the crowd going.

On the whole, better than last year, but a bit slow to get going today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here