Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "One of the brightest young managers in the Premier League"

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well it's certainly irksome that they were getting their shit together on the pitch just as we nosedived under Sami but then they were breaking a fairly hefty rule that we were adhering to. Call that self righteous if you want.

Beyond that though they're a tiny noddy club who happen to be funded by money some might say was dubious. Geopolitically there's nothing self righteous about being wary of Ruskies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
1. Are you aware of how unfair Football is then. All the top clubs find ways and means to bypass financial fairplay. In England Chelsea and Man City have been doing it for years are all their titles that they have won tainted then or is it ok for them because they have big stadia? Have you even thought that maybe its the Football league who have it all so wrong considering they know the benefits from acheiving premier league promotion but yet still let clubs get away with over spending. I did hear that if you had failed promotion last season your financial fair play could have been very interesting reading.

The difference between Man City and Chelsea spending big money compared to Bournemouth is the income from merchandise (both clubs make more money in one year than Bournemouth would make in 10 years), Man City and Chelsea make 100s of millions. The stadia also makes a huge difference too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I am not a fan of Mr Smug and his smarmy sidekick Jason Tindall - they did a terrible job at Burnley, destroying the youth set-up and steering us towards relegation in 2012/13 before Sean Dyche came to the rescue and performed miracles on a real "shoestring" budget to win promotion (twice) while Howe needed millions, the flouting of FFP rules and penalties galore from compliant referees to get Bournemouth to the PL.

Ask any Burnley fan and I reckon 9/10 would say Dyche is a FAR superior manager.

Brighton are far from my favourite team but I'd rather the Seagulls stayed up at the expense of the likes of Bournemouth or Swansea (Clement - another smug git).

A Brighton win, or even a draw, would please me tonight.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Max Gradel SINGED for mega bucks and hardly been sighted

Signed for 7 million, played 25 times in two years (mostly 10 minute subs) and now binned out on loan to France.

Money well spent
#Eddie'sMiracle

Lets be fair, Gradel suffered a horrendous knee injury on about his 2nd or 3rd appearance and had a year out injured. That can happen to any signing.
Enjoyed watching his exploits for St Etienne in the Europa League on Channel 5 going back a few years.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I am not a fan of Mr Smug and his smarmy sidekick Jason Tindall - they did a terrible job at Burnley, destroying the youth set-up and steering us towards relegation in 2012/13 before Sean Dyche came to the rescue and performed miracles on a real "shoestring" budget to win promotion (twice) while Howe needed millions, the flouting of FFP rules and penalties galore from compliant referees to get Bournemouth to the PL.

Ask any Burnley fan and I reckon 9/10 would say Dyche is a FAR superior manager.

Brighton are far from my favourite team but I'd rather the Seagulls stayed up at the expense of the likes of Bournemouth or Swansea (Clement - another smug git).

A Brighton win, or even a draw, would please me tonight.

Yep he did a terrible job in signing Charlie Austin, Danny ings, Sam Vokes, Trippier, Ben Mee and Shackell.

Dyche literally shored up your defence but it was Howe who paved the way to where you are now. Dyche and his so called 'shoestring budget' is also a complete myth fabricated by the bloke himself who I actually have plenty of admiration for despite the turgid football his team produces.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Yep he did a terrible job in signing Charlie Austin, Danny ings, Sam Vokes, Trippier, Ben Mee and Shackell.

Dyche literally shored up your defence but it was Howe who paved the way to where you are now. Dyche and his so called 'shoestring budget' is also a complete myth fabricated by the bloke himself who I actually have plenty of admiration for despite the turgid football his team produces.

what do you mean by the myth of the shoestring budget?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd forgotten that Croydon were interested in him as well back then.

I'm pretty sure it went like this:

Chairman: "Edward, its not just us who know you are the brightest young manager in the world. Two significantly bigger clubs than plucky old us want to talk to you."

SE: "It'll be two out of Barcelona, Real Madrid, the Manchesters, Chelsea, Arsenal or Milan then."

Chairman: "Not quite. In alphabetical order, Burnley..."

SE: "Well,
"

Chairman: And Crystal Palace."

SE:
""

SE: after regaining his composure "I'll never leave this awesome club."

5 days later...

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
what do you mean by the myth of the shoestring budget?

Dyche is infamous for claiming he has no money and usually has a dig at the oppo for outspending them. Here's a recent example and oh looky he's dragged you lot into it as well having previously accused us of outspending them..

He expects Newcastle and Brighton to be strong financially, and explained: “Newcastle are coming up – we’re not going to catch them, they’ve got (owner’s money), same with Brighton. “Brighton’s wage bill is above ours already.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/dyche-realistic-over-finances-1-8610006

I'm not going to deny that they are being run expeditiously but his constant drivel about lack of spending simply doesn't add up.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A friend working down in Bournemouth reports that they are all very up for tonight's big game. I asked him to relay back that we were delighted for them to have a cup final experience with us and could they remind us where Bournemouth actually was?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Dyche is infamous for claiming he has no money and usually has a dig at the oppo for outspending them. Here's a recent example and oh looky he's dragged you lot into it as well having previously accused us of outspending them..

He expects Newcastle and Brighton to be strong financially, and explained: “Newcastle are coming up – we’re not going to catch them, they’ve got (owner’s money), same with Brighton. “Brighton’s wage bill is above ours already.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/dyche-realistic-over-finances-1-8610006

I'm not going to deny that they are being run expeditiously but his constant drivel about lack of spending simply doesn't add up.

Burnley certainly paid Stephen Ward more than us. He'd arrived here for his medical, when his agent contacted him, and he went up north.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Dyche's comments are best filed under Fake News in relation to our finances.

Bournemouth Brighton Burnley Wages.JPG

Jan 10, 2014
Dyche literally shored up your defence but it was Howe who paved the way to where you are now.

Bollocks.

The free transfers of Heaton, Jones and Arfield helped tarmac over Eddie's paving. The latter two bringing a bit of something to Eddie's crappy midfield that he left us with.

Ings and Vokes had hardly played and Trippier couldn't defend for toffee until Dyche arrived.

We were only going one way under Eddie, and that wasn't to the Premier League.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Burnley certainly paid Stephen Ward more than us. He'd arrived here for his medical, when his agent contacted him, and he went up north.

And Ashley Barnes of course. We were still in the same division when he left us ... and pre-promotion bonus. I'd be wary of anything the ginger dalek says about wages

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bollocks.

The free transfers of Heaton, Jones and Arfield helped tarmac over Eddie's paving. The latter two bringing a bit of something to Eddie's crappy midfield that he left us with.

Ings and Vokes had hardly played and Trippier couldn't defend for toffee until Dyche arrived.

We were only going one way under Eddie, and that wasn't to the Premier League.

Blimey, is NSC now the place for rival supporters to have a pop to each other? The wonder is that there's no Palace gimp joining in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here