Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The plus point is that he got one in Belgium and we are still part of Europe as at the time the application was made.

It's based on a number of things not just his international apps. The transfer fee, his previous playing record in Belgium, age etc.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yeah that's what i thought. I was hoping he had duel nationality to stop any fears

Having played a certain number of internationals for a highly ranked team guarantees the permit. Lacking that we'll need to make a case for his eligibility. The fact that he's been called up recently for a team ranked 4th (?) In the world, won the Belgian player of the year award, and is commanding a significant fee should provide sufficient justification.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Colombia ranked 8th in the world, so needs to have played 30% of national games in the two years. I don't know how many games Colombia have played in that time, but he appears to have played a part in two of them.

As [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] says, PB doesn't anticipate any major problems. He talked about other factors also coming into play - how regularly Izquierdo played for his previous club, the league that they were in, and even the transfer fee and wages paid. I don't think that there's anything to be overly anxious about, and everyone at the club seems pretty relaxed about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not see how the size of the fee should be any criteria. If we wished to speculate £50m on a 18 year old that is no concern of the government as I thought the major criteria was is similar available from this country if not a work permit is granted if there is it will be refused.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do not see how the size of the fee should be any criteria. If we wished to speculate £50m on a 18 year old that is no concern of the government as I thought the major criteria was is similar available from this country if not a work permit is granted if there is it will be refused.

Immigrants need to be suitably qualified to do the job they are employed to do.....same in any industry. It's just applied criteria.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle have picked up Joselu from Stoke, who in turn seem to have collected a Better Baldock on loan from PSG:-

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Spoken like a true Brexiter!

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Yeah that's what i thought. I was hoping he had duel nationality to stop any fears

I thought since he has been playing in Europe for a couple of years it might negate the need for a new work permit.
I mean, honestly, what's the point of being in the EU if they can't sort out something as simple and straight forward as this?:whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here