Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cover at left-back

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With Pocognoli's arrival and Adekugbe to add to Bong, Rosenior and Bruno, do we now have more left back options than strikers?

I'm sure BG is satisfied but I think he's got too far into Houghton's ear now ...

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Bruno's not a left back. Rosenior is injured for three months and also once back can cover right back for which we only have Bruno.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'Does he play left back ?' has now become 'Does he play striker ?'.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The question now is, who plays right back when Bruno is injured/suspended?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it now stands we have Bong, Pocognoli and Adekugbe as left back choice and when fit Rosenior and Bruno as right back with Hunrte looking good in the DS in the same role as Adekugbe So we are adequately covered in both full back positions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As it now stands we have Bong, Pocognoli and Adekugbe as left back choice and when fit Rosenior and Bruno as right back with Hunrte looking good in the DS in the same role as Adekugbe So we are adequately covered in both full back positions.

Hmmm I'm not too sure about right back actually, Hunt hasn't caught my eye in the development squad in quite the same way as Adekugbe has, and as we all know, Rosenior is out for at least three months.. I think we need to cover Bruno in cotton wool until December.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
With Pocognoli's arrival and Adekugbe to add to Bong, Rosenior and Bruno, do we now have more left back options than strikers?

I'm sure BG is satisfied but I think he's got too far into Houghton's ear now ...

Stop interfering with BGs work........He has sole responsibility for Left Backs

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'll discuss with BG next time I am in Wetherspoons :nono:
Or in the new pub Lockhart ( dark star pub openning October)

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I might be wrong as it is early days but I think Adekugbe could play midfield on the left side, much the same as Resenior and Bruno have done in the past. He has pace, can cross a ball, and has proved he has a powerful shot on him. Have not seen him play there, but he would be able to give good cover to the full back, which Lua Lua and Skalak seem to lack.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stop interfering with BGs work........He has sole responsibility for Left Backs

But no Jlloyd Samuel & I bet you never mentioned his name to Chris as I'd asked you too :(

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I might be wrong as it is early days but I think Adekugbe could play midfield on the left side, much the same as Resenior and Bruno have done in the past. He has pace, can cross a ball, and has proved he has a powerful shot on him. Have not seen him play there, but he would be able to give good cover to the full back, which Lua Lua and Skalak seem to lack.

He was certainly more convincing going forward than defending at Oxford the other week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here