Gary Farr
Julie Felix
Free
Gypsy
Richie Havens
Heaven
Marsha Hunt & White Trash
Indo Jazz Fusions
King Crimson (billed, but did not appear)
The Liverpool Scene
Marsupilami
Mighty Baby
The Moody Blues
The Nice
Tom Paxton
Pentangle
The Pretty Things
Third Ear Band
The Who
View attachment 86686 I'll see your Bath and raise you The Isle of Wight 1969, the 2nd Music Festival in the World the first was the year before on the Isle of Wight.

Woodstock happened two weeks before.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I was there aged 16 - coaches ran from Brighton. It was fantastic albeit a bit rough and ready. The site was only about 5 miles from current Glastonbury and the festival inspired Michael Eavis. I was very near the front for Led Zep who played the Saturday night and was blown away. Steppenwolf, Johnny Winter, its a beautiful day and Flock were fantastic too. Slept through Pink Floyd and Canned Heat too. Donovan played endlessly on Sunday morning because of technical problems. couldn't,t hear Zappa who I loved because of wind blowing the sound sideways!! Sunday became rainy and The Byrds had to play acoustic. I think the Moody Blues cancelled.
I've just got back from my first Glastonbury and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Helps when there is no rain but festivals really are so different now. Only one stage in 1970. I wonder if that was good or bad - can't decide

Who the Flock are Flock?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was there and I don't remember Zappa either (Were the Moody Blues really there too?)

I don't remember them either. Mind you, they were on at the Isle of Wight festival a few weeks later (the Hendrix one) - I was there too, but I don't remember seeing them there either! I have seen footage of them there, so I know it happened - but no, not a glimmer in my memory!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes Zappa and the Mothers definitely there Sunday afternoon. It was around the time of 200 Motels/live at the Fillmore with Flo and Eddy. It got very wet on Sunday and the late running and electrical danger stopped Moody Blues from playing. What a memory I have!!!
I'm pretty sure there was lightning involved as well. I know there were problems with some groups - as I remember it, Jorma and Jack from Jefferson Airplane (aka Hot Tuna) came on and played standing on rubber mats - nothing was going to stop them playing!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An American prog. rock band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flock_(album)

I have the LP.

PS. Apologies IG - you beat me to it.

Do you still listen to it? I recalled it being quite interesting at the time, sounds bloody awful now on a re listen after 40 plus years!

I guess they were in the same genre as Grand Funk Railroad of E Pluribus Funk fame?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you still listen to it? I recalled it being quite interesting at the time, sounds bloody awful now on a re listen after 40 plus years!

I guess they were in the same genre as Grand Funk Railroad of E Pluribus Funk fame?

Listen to it now? Well, certainly not often! Mind you, with all the music available on-line these days, the same could be said of my LP collection in general! Interesting because of the violin - not common in bands in those days. Wouldn't bracket them with Grand Funk Railroad, though - more Chicago Transit Authority, Sea Train, Spirit, Blood Sweat and Tears really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Listen to it now? Well, certainly not often! Mind you, with all the music available on-line these days, the same could be said of my LP collection in general! Interesting because of the violin - not common in bands in those days. Wouldn't bracket them with Grand Funk Railroad, though - more Chicago Transit Authority, Sea Train, Spirit, Blood Sweat and Tears really.

Interesting. I still listen to Chicago Transit Authority. ( although I'm not sure when they became Chicago, and cut back on the brass) 25 or 6 to 4, I'm a Man, Does anybody know what time it is and I think they all stand up quite well, unlike the quick listens I have just had to Flock!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Not The Who. Only Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Amen Corner, The Move and The Nice. 2 December 1967 I believe at The Dome.
I still have the ticket for that concert up in the loft. I remember Hendrix did Wild Thing, the old Troggs number. It was in those days when each band would do 3 songs and then swiftly on to the next band. And you'd have a real mix of them, like that concert also included the Tremeloes(!!!). It was very early Floyd so I'm sure they'd have done See Emily Play. I don't know how NIce kept it to 3 songs as their version of Rondo was often a 20-minute offering on its own. See, it was the 60s and I still remember some of it!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
my claim to fame is being at Plumpton racecourse for the Festival that preceded Reading and the IOW for Dylan , Hendrix etc......but everything was in black and white in those days !!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bath was spoilt by the rain.. It should have been the best.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Knebworth 1990 was not bad
Elton John
Eric Clapton
Paul McCartney
Tears for Fears
Phil Collins
Robert Plant
Status Quo
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Dire Straits
Wings

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Went to Plumpton 1969 brilliant . Anyone else do Phun City, only went on Saturday that was quite scary for a young lad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here