Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Norwood against Forest

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Prefer him to Sidwell but think the later is a great player to have around the squad and on the bench. Great that we snapped up such a good player for our strongest position (especially with the 2 stars being on a year left) but really hope we can find similar option at CB. Part of me thinks we can't have else it would have happened by now, but part thinks we must have something lined up to not be panicing!

Up front where everyone wants a 4th option, I actually think we're OK due to stong midfield and liking baldock. Yes a better, nippy striker would be a luxury every team wants but our NEED is a third CB as don't think Hun has proved himself at all despite being a previous club captain places etc.

Baldock is great. His movement and pass for Murray's second against Forest was sublime.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The commentator we had here said that Norwood was the best free kick taker in the Championship. Based upon the one he took near the end, he could be right. So that's possibly 3 of the best we have now then.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Baldock is good but simply does not score enough goals, the rest of his game is great
Indeed. For all his valuable selfless team play, why would we not strive to upgrade to a striker who can provide that AND chip in with a few more goals? If such a player is obtainable. Despite all the talk of this no.10/in the hole type target, I still can't believe the club wouldn't be searching for a better Baldock right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here