Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back Barnes!!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Time for a bit of Burnley pay back!!!I think we should go and get Gray or get Barnes back! Yes I did say BARNES!! Got prem expierience now and shown he's not frightened to mix it! Would be interesting to see him work off Brown Gross With Knockaert and March feeding in to him! I warmed to Barnes towards the end of his Amex days and realised what he brought to the team! If it were down to him or a Fletcher type I would take Barnes!

Hi Ashley, things not going to well at Burnley ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gray Yes
Barnes No

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ expectations are dropping by the week with our supporters suggestions.
Let's add another snail paced player to our forward line and one that needs many penalties to look respectable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are other players in the world, we don't have to sign ex Brighton players.
Barnes was a good servant to the club but he's not really what we need

What gives

Proven effective partnership with Murray. Proven PL experience (and goals). Scores with his feet in and around the box in open play. Brave as a lion. Daft as a brush.

Affordable. Maybe even available.

What's not to like?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
What gives

Proven effective partnership with Murray. Proven PL experience (and goals). Scores with his feet in and around the box in open play. Brave as a lion. Daft as a brush.

Affordable. Maybe even available.

What's not to like?

What gives???
I liked Ashley but he's the past. The recruitment section of NSC seems to struggle to see past ex Brighton players
Lovely partnership with Murray but they won't be playing much together if we set up more 451
11 in 68 during Burnleys PL campaignes which is ok. But he's just a Hemed or Murray type player and has the pace of a snail. Maybe if we sold Hemed he would be a good replacement but not much between them to be honest but if we are going to recruit 1 number 10 type player please god let it not be Ashley Barnes.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The same could have been argued about Murray. Luckily for us it wasn't.

Murray made sense we needed competition or an improvement on Hemed and at Chanpionship level Murray is deadly. Barnes is not an upgrade on anything we have. We need a number 10 not more competition for Murray and Hemed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Murray made sense we needed competition or an improvement on Hemed and at Chanpionship level Murray is deadly. Barnes is not an upgrade on anything we have. We need a number 10 not more competition for Murray and Hemed

Apart from Murray, Barnes is far superior to anybody else we have on the books in that role. Given the sublime level of service the guys up were blessed with last season, and with Izzy Brown already in the bag for the season, we'd suddenly have a fair bit of firepower at our disposal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Time for a bit of Burnley pay back!!!I think we should go and get Gray or get Barnes back! Yes I did say BARNES!! Got prem expierience now and shown he's not frightened to mix it! Would be interesting to see him work off Brown Gross With Knockaert and March feeding in to him! I warmed to Barnes towards the end of his Amex days and realised what he brought to the team! If it were down to him or a Fletcher type I would take Barnes!

FAR too many exclamation marks. And for that reason...

I'm out.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Barnes plays back to goal a lot of the time and with respect Brighton forwards will be doing a lot of that this season...his hold up is very good bringing others i.e. Brown Gross Baldock and wide men into dangerous areas!!! IMO

Not the sort of striker we need. We need someone full of pace and willing to run onto a long ball over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here