Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Already 61% of our trade is with the EU or countries that EU has a free trade deal with. Yeah is its a crap club and getting crappier
It's a bloody arrogant club that's for sure.....bloody clear that this middle man club that's ruined Europe don't change for anyone.Other countries would have zero chance of leaving this dire organisation if they wanted.

Can't wait to see the back of them twats and if we lose many many jobs in the financial sector and beyond then so be it as a group of people in Brussels,Germany and France will always dictate everything.

Freedom of movement is just dire and also the EU have caused all this mass migration problems from the Middle East and Africa in which will get worse because of their policies.
They won't change and clearly it's "their way or the highway" even when you're the second biggest contributor that has very little say.
Many love but many hate it :)

I personally Despise this organisation.....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
God,you Losers are so stupid it really is remarkable you remember to breathe.Try reading things first before crowing about an EU/Japan free trade deal-it doesn't exist!An agreement in principle has been reached,that is all.It could take up to 15 years to implement,and I doubt the EU will still exist by then.:lolol:

Be careful how you use the word "losers", we all losers - unless you've been fortunate to have a pile of foreign assets.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Really? Sounds like an interesting story, can you tell us any more about it?

Without researching I recall there were half a doz convictions in total, including one of a bloke who was serving beer by the litre rather than pints. The Imperialists liked to call themselves martyrs or something and got lots of free publicity.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is there anything that makes people look more like little englanders than complaining about weights and measures. It is frankly laughable. People talk about miles per gallon but since I can remember prices have been displayed in litres. Was petrol ever sold in pints or the equivalent?

Wanting to leave an economic agreement because of weights and extrapolating this to mean that the EU are *******s is sensational. Definitely better to see a tanking economy than having to buy 100 grams of sweets rather than a quarter. Jesus.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

From the telegraph article

"I am flabbergasted by the decision," the pensioner and mother-of-two told The Sunday Telegraph. "Last year the EU commissioner said that Brussels didn't want to criminalise people selling in pounds and ounces – and yet the British authorities are doing exactly that.

So the EU are the bad guys yeah?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

"I am flabbergasted by the decision," the pensioner and mother-of-two told The Sunday Telegraph. "Last year the EU commissioner said that Brussels didn't want to criminalise people selling in pounds and ounces – and yet the British authorities are doing exactly that.

Not at all in my view.....it was our govnt at the time blindly following........presumably for fear of upsetting the neighbours ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

That is a little misleading. The EU commission insisted that we only used metric in the UK. It took a long time until an agreement was reached that BOTH measurements could be used/displayed. The EU ruled on the conversion to metric and this country decided to implement that into criminal law. The argument should be about how this country implements EU 'orders' as against how the rest of the EU countries implement rules. We slavishly obey others pick and choose how they implement them if at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there anything that makes people look more like little englanders than complaining about weights and measures. It is frankly laughable..

To you, maybe. I'm guessing you voted remain (if you're old enough). Believe it or not (however hard that may be for you) that wasn't the only reason a majority of people voted to leave.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There is absolutely no way that you can put negative spin on the EU announcing a free trade deal with Japan. Don't bother Brexit muppets, just hope you can keep distracting people's attention with a totally pointless discussion about units of measurement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People talk about miles per gallon.
.....and still do.

but since I can remember prices have been displayed in litres.
Prices were quoted in gallons until the price went up so far and so fast that pumps couldn't display a price of more than £1 per gallon - and the industry took to using litres in the hope that the price rises wouldn't look so enormous.
(And no, this wasn't actually down to the EU - it was due to OPEC ramping up the price of crude and cutting production. There you go - a bit of history for you!)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
To you, maybe. I'm guessing you voted remain (if you're old enough). Believe it or not (however hard that may be for you) that wasn't the only reason a majority of people voted to leave.

Dominic cummings has said himself that leave only won based on a lie he created. So come up with all the reasons you like. But I am sure you know better than all the analytics. I know DC through work and also some of his sidekicks.

Thanks for the condescending tone. I am 38 and would be amazed if you knew more about this than me but you can on.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Dominic cummings has said himself that leave only won based on a lie he created. So come up with all the reasons you like. But I am sure you know better than all the analytics. I know DC through work and also some of his sidekicks.

Thanks for the condescending tone. I am 38 and would be amazed if you knew more about this than me but you can on.

You conveniently forget there were lies on both sides, most from remain. Can you let Dominic know that

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
God,you Losers are so stupid it really is remarkable you remember to breathe.Try reading things first before crowing about an EU/Japan free trade deal-it doesn't exist!An agreement in principle has been reached,that is all.It could take up to 15 years to implement,and I doubt the EU will still exist by then.:lolol:

#stilldeluded

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
You conveniently forget there were lies on both sides, most from remain. Can you let Dominic know that

Lies are different to modelling with errors. Many things predicted by "project fear" are coming aren't they? Have you read about all the different areas saying we are screwed? Oh well, at least our trade minister is saying MPs should wear ties to support British tie makers in post Brexit Britain. Was that before or after he slated any media who dare to suggest we are screwed? So many little englanders are going to be VERY disappointed.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Lies are different to modelling with errors. Many things predicted by "project fear" are coming aren't they? Have you read about all the different areas saying we are screwed? Oh well, at least our trade minister is saying MPs should wear ties to support British tie makers in post Brexit Britain. Was that before or after he slated any media who dare to suggest we are screwed? So many little englanders are going to be VERY disappointed.

Very disappointed with what?. They voted out and won. TBH it's you that sounds disappointed and twisted. Another one just hoping everything goes wrong just to prove at sometime in the future you were correct. You'll be waiting a long time. Although it could be speeded up with Corbyn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here