Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit - White Socks

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Nasty clashing blues. What on earth drove them to this?

To make it a bit harder for those cheeky chaps in the Far East to make fake kits to sell on the cheap. Anyone who has been to Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc will know the scale if the problem. I think the shoulders look lighter blue but actually it's a mix of fine blue and white which from a distance looks light blue. It's this lighter blue section that will be harder to copy.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hmmmm, If there was a one or two blue hoops at the top of the socks I think it would work better. In fact why not blue and white hooped socks? That would be cool, like these https://www.fruugo.co.uk/stanno-ori...SfSMDdejGX1V-VppgHpQEXJZpfJlT2_WOkaArpb8P8HAQ

or these

https://www.unisportstore.com/football-equipment/nike-football-socks-hoop-ii-royal-bluewhite/132850/

Is it really that important whether we wear blue and white hooped socks, or just plain white?

Frankly if it meant winning football matches I'd be happy for the players to wear no socks at all.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can't believe we got this far without a 'Dirk Lehmann wears white socks' comment.

I am a WINNER!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I still can't get my head round why two different shades of blue the stripes and arms don't friggin match.....

Christ on a bike OCD

It is the same colour, just the arms are pin striped. Makes no odds with how it looks I know, but maybe that will ease your mental wellbeing.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tottenham's new kit is also by Nike so we're not the only ones. Theirs is quite good, actually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here