Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most mental you have seen a crowd go at a gig? (VIDS)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Reading Rock Festival in 1978 was essentially a three day riot. John Peel was constantly bottled by the crowd as did a lot of the bands. Sham 69 was a full scale set to with the crowd on the stage and fighting in ghe crowd.

"John Keel's a punt" ringing out, remember it well.

In one of the smallest venues in Brighton West Street - Siouxie and the Banshees was hot sweaty and full of spitting punks.

The New Regent, I was there too.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been to a lot of gigs but guitar bands and concerts do not have the energy of electronic music for me. Prodigy at Tribal gathering, Faithless at Gatecrasher or Chemical Brothers at Creamfields were all incredible atmospheres.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
This takes some beating! I saw this tour at Cardiff Arms Park and it was equally messy! Loved it!

https://youtu.be/Djr-kva_JB8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Been to a lot of gigs but guitar bands and concerts do not have the energy of electronic music for me. Prodigy at Tribal gathering, Faithless at Gatecrasher or Chemical Brothers at Creamfields were all incredible atmospheres.

Was that the prodigy at tribal gathering in 1995? If so, what a gig and a amazing festival as well!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah personally it's another vote for Prodigy on any number of occasions.

Different age, but my step-dad tells me of seeing Lionel Hampton in the mid-50's and it being a riot like he'd never experienced before - reckons jazz hadn't been performed live like that in the UK before and it blew everyone's minds.

boik

The Lurkers at the Nashville, Fulham, 1978. This was when a new influx of gig goers started coming to punk gigs, and the old 'grab anyone and go mental' routine resulted in outrage among the nebewbies, and fisticuffs.

That said, my ex wife was at Altamont when the Hells Angels killed a bloke :shrug:

For me, this looks like the scariest gig ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4X8gj5h0Y0

Funnily enough, one of the most lively gigs I went to was also at the Nashville. Angelic Upstarts, probably the same year.

Don't do stadium gigs, but watching Infadels at La Scala a few years back, I was genuinely concerned that the balcony we were on was going to collapse. The only gig I've ever been to were literally everyone (mosh pit, the skulkers at the sides and back, everyone) was jumping up and down in unison. I miss Infadels!

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Stiff Little Fingers, about 1989 I think in Pompy ....was particularly mental...some right nutters there...happy days....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Rage Against The Machine. 2010, Finsbury Park.

That place BOUNCED.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Reading Rock Festival in 1978 was essentially a three day riot. John Peel was constantly bottled by the crowd as did a lot of the bands. Sham 69 was a full scale set to with the crowd on the stage and fighting in the crowd.

This.

Three of the most crazy days I have ever experienced. Sham 69's set was ****ing BONKERS

AC/DC have plenty of form for this

[yt]CSxfDJ7eayw[/yt]

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Wonder how many more gigs we've attended?

That New Regent (thanks for reminder) one was one of the hottest I've been in.

Oh the New Regent, remember that place well, went there several times in the early 80s until it got demolished by King Kurt and The Asteroids in 1983 (I think), never reopened.

Most mental for me were punks bands in the late 70s, small venues, pretty much unknown bands and all a bit of a blur tbh.
Some of the Rock Against Racism and Anti Nazi League events in various London parks got a bit confrontational at times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here