Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris OGrady

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He can score goals. There's not many that would win goal of the season, but he is capable of finding the back of the net, see the video below.

I was harsh on him in the match ratings, and someone mentioned that he or any of our forwards might score if they are given the opportunity, but at the moment we are not creating the opportunities.

On reflection he looks to me like a striker with no confidence.

You know what, he might be a journeyman striker, he might not have loads of pace, but he can't create chances out of nothing. There's a reason why Leo was sold for £8m and OGrady wasn't. I don't blame him.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

He is a striker massively short on confidence - same as CMS, Baldock. No great surprise - a striker is bought for goals, and the longer it goes the worse it gets. With the crowd on his back, no great surprise if it gets a lot worse before it gets better. On the video posted on this thread, it is COG taking penalties - would he be confident of scoring one for us.??
The lack of clear cut chances is also true, but I do think he has been bought to hold the ball, bring the midfield into play primarily which I think he does pretty well - better than Barnes at any rate. I think his future is in the balance depending on what kind of character he is . I hope he sticks with it as he offers a different option to the others.

Lets be honest we dont have any decent strikers...CMS not good at this level,Baldock the same, Colunga from what I have seen not any better and the same with COG. The recruitment of these 3 was desperate last minute cheapest option with Baldock being the "star we have been after for some time" signing to say "we are spending some of the Ulloa money".

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He was 28 and that was his best season in a career that was spent mainly in League One... Many of us predicted this would be a crap signing. 5 years younger and he might have been worth a punt, but this was just an expensive & idiotic mistake.

Spot on...Those of us who bothered to research the guy, found out he has spent most of his career bumming around the lower leagues, mostly on loan and not scoring that many goals....Sign him up I say, he might just be the answer to replace our £8m out going striker. You couldn't make it up really. Like I have said before, it's a joke and we the fans are the punchline!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Spot on...Those of us who bothered to research the guy, found out he has spent most of his career bumming around the lower leagues, mostly on loan and not scoring that many goals....Sign him up I say, he might just be the answer to replace our £8m out going striker. You couldn't make it up really. Like I have said before, it's a joke and we the fans are the punchline!!

So you would have agreed with not offering Murray a new deal and letting him go for nothing then as he was unproven at Championship level?

O'Grady had played there before and got 15 goals in a struggling Championship side last year which is far more than Murray had ever done before he left us. I really hop ethere are no posts by you bemoaning the fact we let Murray go on here, especially during or after his second season when he finally started scoring for Palace, and saying it was a mistake to ever let him walk away.

Without knowing what Murray then went on to do at Palace, who would you say was more of a risk? Proven Championship striker or unproven League 1 / 2 striker for the whole of his career?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Meantime Bournemouth replace Grabban with a Div 1 striker ( got to be sh*t surely say many on NSC ). Eddie Howe replaces his striker properly. One club One ambition One corporate cock up haven't a clue.
FFS don't blame O'Grady, Baldock or Colunga for the club's shambolic recruitment of players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seems like we've signed a big lump who over achieved with Barnsley last season. Sure he can hold the ball up if the defenders don't out muscle him in a challenge but he doesn't have the ability to go past them because he is too slow. Compared to Revell who was positioning himself in the box every time an attack was on or if he had the ball was running towards our goal as the defence backed off five yards and O'Grady is simply not good enough at this level.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seems like we've signed a big lump who over achieved with Barnsley last season. Sure he can hold the ball up if the defenders don't out muscle him in a challenge but he doesn't have the ability to go past them because he is too slow. Compared to Revell who was positioning himself in the box every time an attack was on or if he had the ball was running towards our goal as the defence backed off five yards and O'Grady is simply not good enough at this level.

Now that has to be bollocks, because the one thing the whole of NSC agreed was that Revell was shit ............................... didn't we ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here