Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyler Forbes

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... next up... an article that talks about what other players we need now... focusing on a central defender and a striker...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Reminds me of chicksens move to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite strange the similarities.
Chicksen was offered a new deal but kept out the team by a better LB.

Forbes been kept out the team by a lesser than Dean Lewington.

Hopefully will be decent if called upon

Welcome lad

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
According to the BBC Sports website the deal is done:
Tyler Hornby-Forbes [Fletwood - Brighton] Undisclosed
Seems that he has joined us from a team called Fletwood??

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting one . Wonder why he is deemed better than our current dev right backs .

I know people will say Goldson but he was highly rated and player of the season . This lad not even first choice .

Still , welcome to the club and let's hope it's clever business .

Just spoke to a friend who is a season ticket holder at Fleetwood and his comments were "he can be a good, but spent a lot of time on the bench"

Development squad then.

Quite strange the similarities.
Chicksen was offered a new deal but kept out the team by a better LB.

Forbes been kept out the team by a lesser than Dean Lewington.

Hopefully will be decent if called upon

Welcome lad

Have done a bit of extra research on the lad. He was a scholar at Preston (where his youth team manager for 6 months was Graham Alexander before he moved on to become Fleetwood's manager). Hornby-Forbes was released by Preston at the end of his scholarship in the summer of 2014 and signed for (Alexander-managed) Fleetwood to join their new development squad.

He was actually a right-winger at Preston. However, Fleetwood knew that they would be losing the services of their regular right-back Conor McLaughlin (who is almost 5 years older than THF) to international duty and so started playing THF at full-back (in the development squad). He made his first team debut in November 2014 at right-back, with McLaughlin away on international duty, and just four days after his mother had passed away.

Alexander said of him:-

He gets forward, gets back and wants to be aggressive. He didn’t take a day off [after the death of his mother] and his dad travelled down with him. And to play like he did was unbelievable. ... I wish I had his pace! He’s got a great attitude. He wants to win and be a success.

He has made as many appearances for Fleetwood in right-midfield as he has at right-back. If anyone should be able to assess his abilities it is Alexander (who made over 800 appearances himself as a right-back). Having had him as a lad at Preston he obviously saw something in him to take him to Fleetwood in the first place. I am looking forward to seeing how he develops at Albion.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Looks a potentially useful signing. However it looks a risk if we don't sign some further cover. Bruno isn't young and we can't expect him to stay fit for another whole season. Last season we were unluck and defensive injuries played a part in our December loss of form. I think we may see another more experienced defender coming in, either permanently or on long term loan. Great business though and the sort of player we should be hoping to develop.

Dec 29, 2011
Have done a bit of extra research on the lad. He was a scholar at Preston (where his youth team manager for 6 months was Graham Alexander before he moved on to become Fleetwood's manager). Hornby-Forbes was released by Preston at the end of his scholarship in the summer of 2014 and signed for (Alexander-managed) Fleetwood to join their new development squad.

He was actually a right-winger at Preston. However, Fleetwood knew that they would be losing the services of their regular right-back Conor McLaughlin (who is almost 5 years older than THF) to international duty and so started playing THF at full-back (in the development squad). He made his first team debut in November 2014 at right-back, with McLaughlin away on international duty, and just four days after his mother had passed away.

Alexander said of him:-

He has made as many appearances for Fleetwood in right-midfield as he has at right-back. If anyone should be able to assess his abilities it is Alexander (who made over 800 appearances himself as a right-back). Having had him as a lad at Preston he obviously saw something in him to take him to Fleetwood in the first place. I am looking forward to seeing how he develops at Albion.

Good analysis, let's just hope he doesn't go the way of Chicksen. Right now I'm seeing the same things said as Chicksen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good analysis, let's just hope he doesn't go the way of Chicksen. Right now I'm seeing the same things said as Chicksen.
What things exactly?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Codder

Jul 7, 2016
Evening

Fleetwood fan here, with a bit of info on Forbes for you all.

Tyler Forbes was released by Preston at 18 at the end of his scholarship and was signed by Fleetwoods then manager, Graham Alexander who had apparently coached him in Preston's youth set up.

Initially signed as a right winger for the development squad, Alexander converted him to a right back and he got his chance when Connor MCLoughlin went on international duty. The majority of his 33 appearances have been from the bench, with Alexander using him to hold on to leads or protect draws away from home.
Tyler is very quick, decent in the air for his size, a good short passer, & strong in the tackle, although can be rash. His positional play is poor however and he is often ball caught ball watching and relies on his pace to get him out of trouble.
Following the arrival of Pressley as manager, Forbes chances became limited particularly after an awful JPT display. Pressley chose to play players out of position at right back ahead of Forbes when Connor was injured or on international duty. Towards the end of the season he wasn't even making the bench.
I am led to believe he was offered a new one year contract on less money, purely to enable Fleetwood to command a fee under the Bosman rule, which he rejected. The transfer fee is 25k with add on's. So worth a gamble for a club of your size.

Alexander who was a right back thought highly of him, certainly at first but actually played the left back we had on loan from you at times ahead of him. Hughton obviously see's something in him as well and there is undoubtedly some talent there which for your sake I hope you find. I don't think he's the brightest footballer & I suspect that is what has held him back so far.

Bookies will do well in Brighton by all accounts, particularly now he has just got wed in Vegas to the daughter of a multi millionaire who is twice his age (lock up your rich grannies if you have them)

Fleetwood have protected their interest with a decent sell on clause, which we also have on Jamie Vardy, who we would have got 6 million for had he signed for Arsenal, maybe we will have better luck with Forbes.

May turn out to be star but would be very surprised if he is anywhere near the first team this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here