Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really wanted to go to this but can't.

Concorde's a bit ambitious though, don't you think?

Given that the gig has yet to make the selling fast list on the concorde website I fear it maybe a bit ambitious. Really looking forward to it though, hopefully a couple of hundred people down the front will make it feel like a good show though.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Given that the gig has yet to make the selling fast list on the concorde website I fear it maybe a bit ambitious. Really looking forward to it though, hopefully a couple of hundred people down the front will make it feel like a good show though.

It doesn't really matter as a punter, if it's empty enough they pull that curtain across and it's not really noticeable.

Just a shame if it affects the promoter's desire to bring similar stuff to Brighton in the future.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It doesn't really matter as a punter, if it's empty enough they pull that curtain across and it's not really noticeable.

Just a shame if it affects the promoter's desire to bring similar stuff to Brighton in the future.

Indeed. Normally this sort of gig is booked for the Haunt which I imagine would be rammed for it. I'd love to see more extreme bands play in Brighton, saves going to the Underworld/Boston Arms/Black Heart etc in London.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Like the preview & cracking review of the new album in the Guardian. Maybe her time has come.

Whilst it seems churlish to complain about a 5 star review, that review makes far too much of a play about her avante-garde credentials. It'll put a lot of people off that would enjoy it, the same fate 'Loud City Song' suffered.

I hope it's not a theme, it's time we let her become the star she is clearly meant to be.

Anyway - go see her. She's the real deal and some.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Whilst it seems churlish to complain about a 5 star review, that review makes far too much of a play about her avante-garde credentials. It'll put a lot of people off that would enjoy it, the same fate 'Loud City Song' suffered.

I hope it's not a theme, it's time we let her become the star she is clearly meant to be.

Anyway - go see her. She's the real deal and some.

Oh I don't know...the Guardianistas no doubt love a bit of left field pop & getting played on their London dinner party circuit is probably key! Regardless the 9th is in the diary.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is the studio the little one? There were loads of tickets in resident earlier in the week (listening to the record now)

She's playing the bigger of the 2 venues. I know that it's not the be all and end all but there's only about 60 people on the facebook group. She sold it out last time....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Is the studio the little one? There were loads of tickets in resident earlier in the week (listening to the record now)

I get confused which is which but she played at the very bottom where they normally put on comedy. Got my tickets from Komedia itself and as you say plenty left but with the album out and great reviews I gues sales will pick up. Monday never a good night though.

Jul 7, 2003
The Wildhearts tonight @ Shepard's Bush Empire....20th Anniversary of P.H.U.Q in it's entirity!!!!

Make sure you are there for the start as Ginger's pet project Hey! Hello! Are opening with their new vocalist. Rumours are that Ginger will be concentrating on Hey! Hello! after this tour.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Make sure you are there for the start as Ginger's pet project Hey! Hello! Are opening with their new vocalist. Rumours are that Ginger will be concentrating on Hey! Hello! after this tour.

Had to miss them this time, got there in time for Baby Chaos ( bored me silly)....Saw Hey Hello! at the Electric Ballroom Gig a couple of years ago & wasn't really that bothered by them...the album is alright,....although was told that with Hollis, they were much better.....The Wilhearts, as usual, kicked A$$!

I'm waiting for Scott Sorry's Pledge album to be finished!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here