Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have taken a point at stoke every day. Lee Steele was the last albion player to score at stoke!

Interesting results today and palace and Watford may be dragged back into it...certainly palace, who Le Tiss thought were dreadful.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
That was by far my best ever visit to Stoke City
Beers in the rugby club before (and after)
A proper performance
A goal
And a point

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not Hughton’s. Too many draws,Stoke were there for the taking today!

If you’ve watched the game tell me how that was a good result?
Away from home to a relegation rival? Yes Stoke were poor, and for a long time we had the lead. Then a top player pulled them back in. Are you not happy with a draw given the last 5 minuets? Have a word.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
The pen decison was just absurd. That kind of contact happened ALL game when crossed came in and where rightfully just left to play on.

How the **** he has decided all of a sudden that that one was a pen is beyond belief.

Thank **** for the tall Ozzie.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Because football is like that. Stoke were never really out of the game, and once they changed their tactics and went 4-2-4 went all out for the goal. It's not all about us, there were two teams desperate not to lose out there. And in the end, they had probably the best clear-cut chances. Yes, we had a couple of longer-range shots and ones where we should have done better - but to have a penalty saved and one off the line, I bet stokies are also going home tonight thinking that they should have won. So, in that respect a point apiece was probably just about right.

And sometimes the game is worth more that the result if you see what I mean. That was a great game to watch. Yes, it would have been better to have won - but really, I think we should all be pretty happy with how we're doing and how we're doing it. It's quite unbelievable after Southampton and Boro to see two games like the last two.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stoke are in massive trouble on that display.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Read the report! Maty the midge pulled off a great save and Dunky cleared the loose ball, absolutely no 'LUCK' there just skilled players who don't get the appreciation they deserve ( from some on here)

BBC reporting commentary tells it like it is - great save then great tackle/clearance...... It also says a soft penalty, so maybe justice was done.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Because football is like that. Stoke were never really out of the game, and once they changed their tactics and went 4-2-4 went all out for the goal. It's not all about us, there were two teams desperate not to lose out there. And in the end, they had probably the best clear-cut chances. Yes, we had a couple of longer-range shots and ones where we should have done better - but to have a penalty saved and one off the line, I bet stokies are also going home tonight thinking that they should have won. So, in that respect a point apiece was probably just about right.

And sometimes the game is worth more that the result if you see what I mean. That was a great game to watch. Yes, it would have been better to have won - but really, I think we should all be pretty happy with how we're doing and how we're doing it. It's quite unbelievable after Southampton and Boro to see two games like the last two.

Yes I agree Ryan had so many saves to make? :ffsparr:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

We couldn't find the two goal cushion having had the chances to do so. Same old story really. I don't think it's necessarily anything to do with CH and/or being negative... we played well.

Shaqiri is absolute quality with his left foot, allowing him the space to shoot from there is criminal. Before the game I would have taken a point and I was thankful for a point at the end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good performance. Ezqueirdo is getting better by the game.

The only criticism is that we need to start finishing off teams. We were the better team. looking forward to seeing Locadia's impact.
Surely he should have come on after 60 mins, to counter attack?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here