Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Warren O'Hora

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I like that we sign all these Irish prospects. There's something romantic about it.

Seems we've a couple of really good ones in the system too, in Molumby and Connolly (plus Hutchinson, Mandriou, etc) and now this latest lad.

When was the last one we signed (direct from Ireland) that actually made a first team impact?

Paul McCarthy?

Paul Armstrong?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I assume these are speculative buys where we work on a "1 in n" might eventually become a world beater. Southampton did this very well for a few years - does anyone know what approach they took? In the day people spoke about "home grown" down there in Hants, but I assume in reality they were shipping in lads of this sort of age and not all from Fareham?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I assume these are speculative buys where we work on a "1 in n" might eventually become a world beater. Southampton did this very well for a few years - does anyone know what approach they took? In the day people spoke about "home grown" down there in Hants, but I assume in reality they were shipping in lads of this sort of age and not all from Fareham?

Mostly fairly local - Walcott from Newbury, Ward-Prowse from Portsmouth, Reed from Worthing, etc.

Their academy is not just based IN Southampton though - they have a sister facility at the University of Bath, so the FA's proximity rule' could be exploited to a wider area. Gareth Bale.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Straight into the U-23’s

AKA The Bermuda Triangle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Looks nothing like his mum