Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poisonous Palace right now

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like the light is finally coming on.......................

Agree with everything. Ashton Gate is a top stadium for a championship side, makes Selhurst look like a cowshed. So much for having billionaire investors.

Nothing about last night gave us any hope that our situation can improve, each week we hit a new low, we are laughed at by everyone and it’s embarrassing to call yourself a Palace fan at the moment.

The decline of Palace is like watching a much loved but terminally ill family member slowly pass away before your very eyes.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Agree with everything. Ashton Gate is a top stadium for a championship side, makes Selhurst look like a cowshed. So much for having billionaire investors.

Nothing about last night gave us any hope that our situation can improve, each week we hit a new low, we are laughed at by everyone and it’s embarrassing to call yourself a Palace fan at the moment.

The decline of Palace is like watching a much loved but terminally ill family member slowly pass away before your very eyes.
[emoji23] perks my day up every time I read one!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I enjoyed the "Ashton Gate makes Selhurst Park look like a cowshed" bit most of all.

That's a little unfair, I thought. Pretty much every ground in the Football League makes Selhurst Park look like a cowshed. Maybe exclude Roots Hall and Fratton Park from that, but still...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Also: a question for the resident Palace lurkers...

Is Souare a classic example of somebody's status being improved by their absence? His return seems to have been greeted like that of a conquering hero by many of your fans, the unfortunate incident at Ashton Gate aside.

Forgive me if my memory has let me down here, but I remember watching him play for Palace (and seeing comments on his performances) before his car crash, and he looked absolutely dreadful to me. It was obviously terrible what happened to him, but coming back from that doesn't suddenly make him the new Paolo Maldini...does it? Or have things got that bad now...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some of them clutching at the fact it was their second XI playing. Bristol also made five changes (to the side that lost 3-0 on the weekend before). So not their first team either!

Starting to really like Palace.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Roy weighs in.....

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crystal-palace-boss-say-after-676458

"Our fans are very good and are a major weapon, so the last thing I am ever going to do is say anything negative about them.

"They are really suffering at the moment. They were hoping to see a Palace team that flew out of the blocks and flew up the table and they are seeing a Palace team that is anchored to the bottom of the table and have just been knocked out of the League Cup by a Championship side.

I think he meant to say "are massive weapons" though.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Is Souare a classic example of somebody's status being improved by their absence? His return seems to have been greeted like that of a conquering hero by many of your fans, the unfortunate incident at Ashton Gate aside.

Forgive me if my memory has let me down here, but I remember watching him play for Palace (and seeing comments on his performances) before his car crash, and he looked absolutely dreadful to me. It was obviously terrible what happened to him, but coming back from that doesn't suddenly make him the new Paolo Maldini...does it? Or have things got that bad now...

Yes it is, he has a fantastic cross on him and likes to dart up field as much as possible but he is mainly in the team for his defending...this is not his strong point.

But in saying that after two seasons of rather depressing and uninspiring football on and off the pitch it always good to hear that someone who had a career threating injury is back on their feet and playing football again, its a small bit of sunshine breaking through the gloom of two years glumness.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yes it is, he has a fantastic cross on him and likes to dart up field as much as possible but he is mainly in the team for his defending...this is not his strong point.

But in saying that after two seasons of rather depressing and uninspiring football on and off the pitch it always good to hear that someone who had a career threating injury is back on their feet and playing football again, its a small bit of sunshine breaking through the gloom of two years glumness.

Of course, I understand that :thumbsup:

I wouldn't hail him as the saviour of your season though :wink:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
They beat West Ham at home at the weekend and that board will look a lot different...

I'm hoping that West Ham's revival at Wembley last night will carry through to their game against Palace at the weekend. Must have given them some confidence.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Before his crash he was a decent attacking full back, His defending though was average at best and he was often found out of position when teams attacked us. Doubt we will see him play for us in the league his season, Unless we have an injury crisis at LB.

So no he wasn't great before the crash.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I think that their fans are beginning to realise the predicament that their club is in.
After 5 years in the Premier League, what have they got for it?
The ground has not been significantly improved, the playing staff is arguably worse than the team that got promoted, and is being paid significantly more.
Their academy is not as strong as it once was either.
So if relegation does come (and I am not convinced they will be) what then?
They get less money than now, their attendances will go down, their best players will want to leave anyway, and they then have to go up against teams hardened to the battle that is the Championship.
You only have to look at the clubs in the last 10 years that have been relegated. How many have bounced back successfully?

As a Brighton fan it is beautiful to behold.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
[MENTION=5947]seaford[/MENTION] The following played 15 games or more in their promotion season - quite a decent bunch of players. As you day, are Palarse much further forward than they were then?

Julián Speroni
Wilfried Zaha
Yannick Bolasie[9]
Mile Jedinak
Glenn Murray
Kagisho Dikgacoi
Damien Delaney
Peter Ramage
Jonathan Parr
Dean Moxey
Owen Garvan
Jonathan Williams
Joel Ward
André Moritz
Aaron Wilbraham
Kevin Phillips
Stephen Dobbie

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think that their fans are beginning to realise the predicament that their club is in.
The ground has not been significantly improved, the playing staff is arguably worse than the team that got promoted, and is being paid significantly more.
They get less money than now, their attendances will go down, their best players will want to leave anyway, and they then have to go up against teams hardened to the battle that is the Championship.
You only have to look at the clubs in the last 10 years that have been relegated. How many have bounced back successfully?

I don't do likes. But I like this.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

The ground part of that is correct I am disappointed that not much has happened even though I am not sure there is much palace can do about that TBH.

Yes we will lose player, can't say that apart from Wilf that bothers me one little bit.

I'd much rather have 16 / 17 k fans in the ground than 25,0000 with 7000 tourists/ winging prem fans.

I feel that teams like palace just can't afford to risk young players so let the academy side slip, hopefully in the championship we can see more of are own youngsters come through.

The first two seasons were great but the last 2 just a chore and this one a nightmare. I mean what and where can you go? Aspire to be west brom or stoke mid table no bodies or maybe scrap a Europa spot and play teams you've never heard of a Thursday night and league games on Sunday!

I have lost my mojo for pro football and I blame the premier league for that, I want my team back whether that's in the championship or even further down, I know you lot find it strange but there it is.

My mate I go with and I have both said we will only renew if we go down we just are not enjoying are football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here