Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Leave it on the floor [ignore]

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I know there isn't, I was playing the part of the police officer that you speak to when saying there's more.

Sorry, didn't see your police badge. :smile:

If you hand them more money must they not take you at your word? They had obviously already taken the £60 found money from you. Ideally the person who lost the money would say he only lost £60 and not claim the £20 marked note. The police officers would then return the £20 note to you after 28 days.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why would it be entrapment? If the police officers pocket money that you say you found later then they are guilty of stealing. Whether it's your money or money you found it is stealing. Triggaaar said he suspected the police officers of pocketing the found money (£60). If you give them a marked £20 note and say it was also found and the police officers also pocket that money you would have proof of their stealing.

Find that a bit meh to be honest, One of the few perks of the job left for them I would say. that and sliding down big snowy hills on riot shields...... Oh hang you probably dobbed them in for that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would probably keep that myself , the wallet i would have handed in , as i would hope if i lost it somebody would reurn it , it's kinda like saying anybody that owns a metal detector is a thief because basically they're just looking for other peoples lost stuff .

Aug 23, 2011
But ... you'd have to pocket the money, and leave the shop first. Then get to the police before someone goes back into the shop to look for it, informing the shop assistants, who look at the CCTV footage and call the police...

I'd assume i'd go to the police in a timely manner and if the police did find you first then you tell them you were on your way to hand it in but hadn't got round to it, chances are you'll hand it in before you're identified.

Unlike an incident my friends had. She lost her iphone in paris disney land so used the find my iphone app and saw it located in a disney hotel. As it was the evening she hoped that someone would have handed it in and she'd go to the hotel in the morning and enquire. The next day they went there but no one had handed it in so they located it again and it was in someones car in the car park, so the security waited until the owners came back and asked them if they'd found a phone. They denied it and so the police were called and they were taken in for questioning, the phone was recovered and my friend called to collect it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Find that a bit meh to be honest, One of the few perks of the job left for them I would say. that and sliding down big snowy hills on riot shields...... Oh hang you probably dobbed them in for that.

Whether you call it a perk or not it is stealing and should be dealt with by their superior with a sacking or at least some kind of punishment.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I would probably keep that myself , the wallet i would have handed in , as i would hope if i lost it somebody would return it , it's kinda like saying anybody that owns a metal detector is a thief because basically they're just looking for other peoples lost stuff .

If the searcher with the metal detector can identify who lost the found item then it is stealing if they keep what was found.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
100% hand in to the shop and leave it with them. It's not mine, someone may come back and ask if anyone has handed it in. If the same thing happened on the street with no possible way of anyone claiming the money I'd pocket it I think.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
100% hand in to the shop and leave it with them. It's not mine, someone may come back and ask if anyone has handed it in. If the same thing happened on the street with no possible way of anyone claiming the money I'd pocket it I think.

I don`t agree with many of your posts..But with you all the way on this and the Wallet one.....To be honest I am horrified how many on NSC support theft.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Back in the 80's worked in the Gardeners Arms at Ardingly. Went to clear a table for a couple who'd just paid and left and found a fiver on the seat [clearly not a tip]. Rushed out in to the car park just as they were reversing out, tapped on the drivers window, he wound the window down and I said "Did you leave this behind" [or similar] - holding up the fiver. He took the fiver from me and without a word, drove off.

Decided next time, if it happened, I be less hasty in my attempts to reunite found money with its [probable] owner.

University of life, eh?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Years ago at a school fair I handed £10 into a helper/teacher, she told me if no one claims it then she'll give it back next week, I later found out she spent it the slag! ( I must've been about 11)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here