Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Doctor Foster

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
watch Surrane Jones look sadly out the window whilst some bell end with a beard makes a Mocha in his plush kitchen and talks shite to his son who has the personality of a fridge freezer.

Having not seen the first season I watched the first of the new one with Mrs GB last week. I say watched, I mean looked at Facebook, Twitter and NSC on my smart phone whilst stifling a yawn and writing a review in my head that was pretty much the above.

I don't get the hype.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A single female friend told me only yesterday that this TV show forms the basis of one of her first date questions. If the answer to the question "What do you think of Dr Foster?" reveals any knowledge of the show at all, she knows her date lives with a woman, and she terminates the date forthwith. Just saying.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes I'm watching it. Except I'm on my way from work beers so I'll have to watch it on iPlayer.

Some decent dramas on at the moment. Cold feet is good wallpaper telly but really enjoying Strike: the silkworm on Sundays. Liar has potential too.

Agree with Strike .... watched the first three on catchup and now recording it. Highly recommend it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A single female friend told me only yesterday that this TV show forms the basis of one of her first date questions. If the answer to the question "What do you think of Dr Foster?" reveals any knowledge of the show at all, she knows her date lives with a woman, and she terminates the date forthwith. Just saying.
Nah. I'd watch it anyway. As has already been said, there is nothing not to like about an anxsty attractive divorcee getting smashed and putting out. It's every sex starved 40 something year old's dream. [emoji38]ol:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The Mrs is really into this and Liar at the moment, it gives me a chance to play my PS4 without being nagged a couple of times per week so I'm all for it.
What I have seen of Dr Foster though does remind me of all the mentally unstable women I've dated over the years and how grateful I am for my current relationship.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nah. I'd watch it anyway. As has already been said, there is nothing not to like about an anxsty attractive divorcee getting smashed and putting out. It's every sex starved 40 something year old's dream. [emoji38]ol:

I understand that perspective; would you have thought to have started watching it, and thus had the opportunity to form a straight male motivation for so doing, without Mrs Simster (I'm making an assumption here, I know) first wanting to watch it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand that perspective; would you have thought to have started watching it, and thus had the opportunity to form a straight male motivation for so doing, without Mrs Simster (I'm making an assumption here, I know) first wanting to watch it?

I can't answer for [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION], but the lady of this house, who you know well, has never watched it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure. Possibly though. I am certainly not convinced by your female friend's thinking.

Look at the alternative last night - lop sided Champions League football. Not very interesting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can't answer for [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION], but the lady of this house, who you know well, has never watched it.

I'm not sure. Possibly though. I am certainly not convinced by your female friend's thinking.

Look at the alternative last night - lop sided Champions League football. Not very interesting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Fair enough - I shall tell my friend that she's a sexist, mistrusting, stereotyping harridan then. Oh, and point out that these character traits may account for her current relationship status. Hopefully, she'll see that as helpful feedback.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And she wonders why she's still single/paranoid.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Doctor Foster is great. Everyone is a wrong'un in some way, it's just the motivations/goals that determine right/wrong.

I don't trust the schoolteacher as he's the only one who hasn't shown any questionable characteristics.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw some last night with Mrs V and for an overworked Gp she seems to have lots of time to go wandering about at night?

Also how can you take seriously a woman who keeps her bra on when she bonks ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Also how can you take seriously a woman who keeps her bra on when she bonks ?

There's also the classic sheet-wrapped-around-the-waist-during-sex you get on shows that are post-watershed but don't want to be explicit at all.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
At times it's painfully unbelievable. Makes me think 'Christ, did the scriptwriter REALLY think they could get away with that?'.

Would a real-life GP, a smart snappy woman like Doctor Foster, really hang around with low-lives to help her trap her cheating husband? Would she really risk a criminal conviction and being struck off for life for using medication as a bribe for information? Would she she sleep with another guy to merely get access to her hubby's accounts? This is the tip of the iceberg...

In fact the entire first series feels more like a fantasy than a real-life drama.

However, Suranne Jones is wonderful in the role and the story is at least spicy and authentic. Just ignore all the silly stuff and you'll enjoy it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

IT could be that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and Mrs Bozza have performed a role reversal and he is the one who stays at home, does the school run, and watches TV all day?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here