Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few things to smile about today

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Gross's two Cruyff turns, one on each bye line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh...another one. The showboating with the step-overs. Which player was that?

Wonder if knocky will be charged by the PFA for that....not showing respect to baggies donkeys?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And was the player Hemed cut in front of to get his excellent goal from the excellent Gross cross none other that the great and much vaunted Jonny Evans?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The couple who always leave early almost staying to the end of the game, must have been the latest they have left any home game for about 4 years (86th minute)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I read this elsewhere but I also thought the ref had a good game. He got his decisions right, and was hardly noticed, which is the mark of a good official.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The highest scoring Fantasy Premier League team this weekend (so far) has Bruno and March in it. :)

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
And yet another...the attendance being read out and no away fans attendance for people to clap.

At last someone at the club has figured out how to do this correctly. Attendance read out at appropriate time, away attendance mentioned at the end when thanking the travelling fans for coming, no happy clapping required and how it should be.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Enjoyed hearing on the radio the fans singing Hughton's name. Don't hear it enough

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apart from that stunning win...

The blokes putting up that FA arch before the game getting drenched from the sprinklers

Trying to work out who the new ginger player was warming up in the first half (apparently it's Skalak with a new haircut)

GOSBTS getting stuck as the players came out for the second half ...has that ever happened before and I hadn't realised we use a record player.

Peter Brackley's impression of Motson. It was pretty good.

And from my vantage point in the front row of WSU, seeing all the late 1901ers dash out after HT when Gross scored his second. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] I'm looking at you.

Any others?

I thought that rather splendid. I think we should keep that version.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Waking up to read the match thread full of positive comments, today is my 25th wedding anniversary, well happy and taking wifey to Millbrook Winery for lunch, shame the sun isn't out here.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
it'll brighton up later.....:thumbsup:

Hehe, was going to breakout the shorts, not for 18 degrees though.
Might even take a light jacket, wifey doesn't know where we are going as I won't tell her.
We tried to go there a couple of years back on the off chance when in the area, but no booking, no chance.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hehe, was going to breakout the shorts, not for 18 degrees though.
Might even take a light jacket, wifey doesn't know where we are going as I won't tell her.
We tried to go there a couple of years back on the off chance when in the area, but no booking, no chance.

sure it will be ok by lunchtime ....is that swan valley or margaret river ...??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here