Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you think trump will sign any deal where USA are not the main winners? He knows he could say anything to us and we will say yes. He is that serious about our relationship that he sent his daughter to sit next to May at g20 today. Trump didn't turn up. Amazing.

He had a meeting with the president of the world's fourth most populous country with the largest moslem population.Other leaders have stand-ins so they can have bi-lateral meetings,but you don't mention them-pathetic.The way you phrase it he didn't attend the meeting at all.You are very badly informed,as he was only away for a short time,apparently to apologise for the disrespect shown recently by the Obamas.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He had a meeting with the president of the world's fourth most populous country with the largest moslem population.Other leaders have stand-ins so they can have bi-lateral meetings,but you don't mention them-pathetic.The way you phrase it he didn't attend the meeting at all.You are very badly informed,as he was only away for a short time,apparently to apologise for the disrespect shown recently by the Obamas.

Imagine if Clinton had won the election and sent Chelsea to the event. There are stand ins and there are stand ins. He sent his effing child. What is she? A failed show designer done for plagiarism or something like that?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
History suggests the immigrant is blamed for economic decline, but is never the major factor. This time, our decline will bizarrely be caused by British citizens voting to leave the EU, with immigration control being a major reason for doing so.

History suggests ignoring the will of the democratic majority is likely to end in tears ... learn the lesson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trump is very eager to sign up with the UK,don't think even the most ardent Remainer can deny that.

You need to be pretty stupid to believe or trust anything Trump says.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Fairly easy to explain my thinking.Trump is very eager to sign up with the UK,don't think even the most ardent Remainer can deny that.The Japan/UK deal should be straightforward and fast as it is a 2 nation deal.The UK has been involved in all the EU talks with Japan,so the terms are well known.EU/USA deal just will not happen under Trump,who NSC ultras haven't managed to kill off yet,as he despises the EU/Merkel.Japan/EU will take forever with the protectionist policies in the Agricultural and Auto industries,and trying to get 27 countries to agree.

I suspect that a UK/Japan deal would be relatively straightforward, but at the same time not much of a game changer. There is already a high level of Japanese Investment in the UK, not just in the automotive sector, but also in silicon. Would we see a noticeable increase in exports to Japan? I am sceptical, culturally Japan is still very insular, so even with a level playing field, it is a challenging market and a stagnant economy.

Trump doesn't do detail. The EU/US mega deal failed for a number of reasons, most of which are as relevant to a US/UK deal as they are to a US/EU deal.

1 US companies want to be able to bid openly and fairly for contracts in healthcare, education, public services and national infrastructure. You personally may be in favour of this, but the wider public will be deeply sceptical of this. Why see 2 below.

2 In order to achieve this level playing field large companies want and need to be given the right to legally challenge and over rule sovereign decisions, if a decision taken in the best interest of a sovereign state was deemed to be protectionist under the terms of the free trade agreement, the terms of the free trade agreement would take precedent over the rights and wishes of the sovereign state. Apologies if this sounds like my argument is going around in circles, but I can't make a square here.

3 If the EU is a faceless mega bureaucracy, what exactly are global mega corporations? Either way the tube gets squeezed in the middle. How do you choose between pouring money into an endless stream of refugees, versus the desperate need for more mega yachts, private jets and nepotism?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Imagine if Clinton had won the election and sent Chelsea to the event. There are stand ins and there are stand ins. He sent his effing child. What is she? A failed show designer done for plagiarism or something like that?

If you are slagging off attendees then why not mention the convicted fraudster,Lagarde.Or the massive pervert granny-shagger :lolol:.Most people learn by experience,and Trump is being a good parent by trying to advance his UNPAID daughter.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I suspect that a UK/Japan deal would be relatively straightforward, but at the same time not much of a game changer. There is already a high level of Japanese Investment in the UK, not just in the automotive sector, but also in silicon. Would we see a noticeable increase in exports to Japan? I am sceptical, culturally Japan is still very insular, so even with a level playing field, it is a challenging market and a stagnant economy.

Trump doesn't do detail. The EU/US mega deal failed for a number of reasons, most of which are as relevant to a US/UK deal as they are to a US/EU deal.

1 US companies want to be able to bid openly and fairly for contracts in healthcare, education, public services and national infrastructure. You personally may be in favour of this, but the wider public will be deeply sceptical of this. Why see 2 below.

2 In order to achieve this level playing field large companies want and need to be given the right to legally challenge and over rule sovereign decisions, if a decision taken in the best interest of a sovereign state was deemed to be protectionist under the terms of the free trade agreement, the terms of the free trade agreement would take precedent over the rights and wishes of the sovereign state. Apologies if this sounds like my argument is going around in circles, but I can't make a square here.

3 If the EU is a faceless mega bureaucracy, what exactly are global mega corporations? Either way the tube gets squeezed in the middle. How do you choose between pouring money into an endless stream of refugees, versus the desperate need for more mega yachts, private jets and nepotism?

If a Japan free trade deal wouldn't be a game changer,then why were the Europhiles on here having multiple orgasms when they wrongly thought the EU had signed a deal?I feel the main beneficiary of a deal would be dairy farming,if they could expand quickly enough to fill the burgeoning demand.
Trump killed the EU trade deal,among others,because he thought them unfair to the USA,rightly or wrongly.He also loathes the EU,and the constant anti-Trump rhetoric isn't improving that.Despite the wishes of a certain section of NSC that he be impeached or assassinated,that is looking less likely every day,so unless people learn to live with it hard luck!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
History suggests ignoring the will of the democratic majority is likely to end in tears ... learn the lesson.

ITV ran a "One year on" poll a couple of weeks ago. Over 50k voted - 79% in favour of Remain. The "Will of the people" has changed, now they can see the extent of the Brexiteers' lies.

You are right - ignoring the will of the majority (who now want to stay) WILL end in tears.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At least he doesn't work for a bank!

"President Donald Trump had personal liabilities of at least $315.6 million to German, US and other lenders as of mid-2017"

It's debatable.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If a Japan free trade deal wouldn't be a game changer,then why were the Europhiles on here having multiple orgasms when they wrongly thought the EU had signed a deal?I feel the main beneficiary of a deal would be dairy farming,if they could expand quickly enough to fill the burgeoning demand.
Trump killed the EU trade deal,among others,because he thought them unfair to the USA,rightly or wrongly.He also loathes the EU,and the constant anti-Trump rhetoric isn't improving that.Despite the wishes of a certain section of NSC that he be impeached or assassinated,that is looking less likely every day,so unless people learn to live with it hard luck!

Isn't the population of Japan 98% lactose intolerant?
TTIP collapsed pre Trump, are you maybe confusing this with the North American free trade agreement?
I can't speak for the NSC zeitgeist.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
ITV ran a "One year on" poll a couple of weeks ago. Over 50k voted - 79% in favour of Remain. The "Will of the people" has changed, now they can see the extent of the Brexiteers' lies.

You are right - ignoring the will of the majority (who now want to stay) WILL end in tears.

Hold on that just isnt true it is a utterly corrupt analysis and seems wholly irrelevant to any meaningful debate, stop being so obviously desperate, firstly it wasnt a vote cast last week of 50 000, its an accumulative of votes since February 2017 and I note that 0% said the 'didnt know' which immediately suggests it had a targeted participation rather than random one which might qualify the outcome.

It is just an ITV online poll where if you happen to bump into their link you can register your vote on whether 'one year on' you might vote Brexit, Remain or 'I dont know', there is absolutely no scrutiny on those that clicked their mouse and why they came to offer their view nor any safeguards to multiple or targeted online voting on this poll anyway, its an irrelevance.

Its madness to see this as anything else than a bit of fun,

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

You must understand that the poster regards listening to the will of the people on a particular subject as being democratic but asking them again, when more complete information is available, as being extremely undemocratic. Indeed, he sees anyone who suggests such a thing as being a mentally-retarded weasel.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Hold on that just isnt true it is a utterly corrupt analysis and seems wholly irrelevant to any meaningful debate, stop being so obviously desperate, firstly it wasnt a vote cast last week of 50 000, its an accumulative of votes since February 2017 and I note that 0% said the 'didnt know' which immediately suggests it had a targeted participation rather than random one which might qualify the outcome.

It is just an ITV online poll where if you happen to bump into their link you can register your vote on whether 'one year on' you might vote Brexit, Remain or 'I dont know', there is absolutely no scrutiny on those that clicked their mouse and why they came to offer their view nor any safeguards to multiple or targeted online voting on this poll anyway, its an irrelevance.

Its madness to see this as anything else than a bit of fun,

Of course it is but the remainers will jump on any old nonsense to try and undermine the brave choice of 23rd June, 2016.
We had to wait forty one years to reverse the disastrous vote of 1975; a vote that really was won on lies. The minority who love the corrupt, rotten, undemocratic EU should be allowed another vote in half the time; 2036 when it will be very clear what a wonderful decision was made by those who voted for freedom.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Another poster has already alluded to why that poll should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. It's all about having a representative sample, not a sample size.

Pollsters, who attempt to calculate these things properly, do not indicate the 'will of the people' has now changed to reverse Brexit. If anything, it's now gone in the other direction (outdated results but struggling to find more up-to-date polls on Brexit).

Wells piece 1-01.png

You must understand that the poster regards listening to the will of the people on a particular subject as being democratic but asking them again, when more complete information is available, as being extremely undemocratic. Indeed, he sees anyone who suggests such a thing as being a mentally-retarded weasel.

The public have a mixed view as to whether we should have another referendum.

[tweet]881206773927071744[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Who is ignoring it?
I would quite like to check up on it and see where it is today, and more importantly, where it is when the deal is known.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

To be fair to [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] he has consistently described such people as 'undemocratic extremist loons'.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
"President Donald Trump had personal liabilities of at least $315.6 million to German, US and other lenders as of mid-2017"

It's debatable.

Have no personal knowledge of Trump's finances,but if those figures came from a banker I wouldn't trust them!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Isn't the population of Japan 98% lactose intolerant?
TTIP collapsed pre Trump, are you maybe confusing this with the North American free trade agreement?
I can't speak for the NSC zeitgeist.

Don't know where you got your 98% from,but apparently it's very hard to find lactose-free products in Japan,so I doubt it.Not confusing trade agreements as I never quoted one,just reported their death.Don't think NSC has a zeitgeist,just some delusional lefties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here