Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winger, Nicolas Maurice-Belay, from Bordeaux

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
One of the weirder rumour starters. Guy with hardly any followers from London and no previous tweets about football, telling a French winger he'll love it in Brighton. Odd.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And Wiki mentions squad number 19, which, I think, is currently vacant....

Stating the obvious, it could come from anybody who's checked the Seagulls site, and noted squad numbers. There are some little tinkers around.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This article - http://www.sudouest.fr/2015/08/06/nmb-revient-en-jeu-2089503-5103.php - was posted less than a week ago. It's behind a paywall but you can get a glimpse of it before the wall appears; enough time to copy the whole page.

This is the Google translation:

A match, a goal this season, the statistics are the friends of Nicolas Maurice-Belay. We exaggerate, of course: 24 short minutes in the first leg against Larnaca do not have force of law. But that cool the keeper to beat Tono Ramirez announces perhaps a new NMB, more "personal" and lucid in front of goal as he already knew to be the last season to beat Lens in injury time (2-1 April 5).

"There is a share of success but I think I have matured. With time, I ask myself fewer questions. Before, I might have procrastinated. Starting from a distance, I could make a difference but I lost confidence in the penalty area. I'm not saying that everything has changed under the pretext that I scored last week, but there's better. "

The prices of this trigger and Game Accelerator has always suffered from his meager statistical review (1) "camouflages" according to his word, all he could make good on its left wing. "As if my game was conditioned by the stats as I am able to bring something else ..."

On the same subject: 2015-2016 Ligue 1 season: so little suspense
By finding more often the way to go, that's all his game that would be illuminated with a new light. Nicolas Maurice-Belay know, as he was able to step back with this ineffective player tag him it will be impossible anyway to take off, to 30 years.

It was anyway other things on his mind in recent months. Francis Gillot basic man who had brought with him from Sochaux in 2011, Nicolas had his poorest Gironde season last year with only 15 tenure. The concern: he frequented most often the treatment room as land the Haillan training center because of recurring pain in his left knee. Crippling for his game due to changes of pace and direction. "When you can not express its main qualities, it's complicated."

No frustration, then, to be used as a simple wildcard for Sagnol in the last half hour, sometimes at left-back (very) offensive when he had to go back a score: "It's not like I n 'entered not in the plans of coach. As long as I was not 100% physically, I could not claim a place holder ".

It took him round the body to issue this summer, cutting short his vacation in June to take a job building this weak knee in a specialized center in Lyon. He then joined the Bordeaux group training in Austria on July 3 at the same time that international to follow an almost complete preparation. Today, if the joint is "not totally healed," Nicolas Maurice-Belay feels "in progress and that's the main thing. I can finally try things I could not do last season, the one against one who my strength. "

Released from a weight
If everything continues to go well, it will naturally apply for a first start in a competitive match since March 7 in Caen (2-1), in a Bordeaux group he feels filled with "positive vibes" from the recovery, and yearns for Europe two years later: "We must learn to lead the league and Europa League front. Is not calculated, we want to be successful on both counts. It was a pretty solid group, the coach to manage the turnover ".

Willy Sagnol is counting on him, "If he does not have knee problem and if it is shaped, it is essential. This is one of the most talented players I know and he has a good mind "(2). And a loan player to become an essential part of the Girondins.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
So, is this a yes or a no?

I'm too excited to think rationally!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here