Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH with an expensive new build, if you have any doubts or are concerned about the right tools, I'd hand it all over to guys you got the frame from.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After some Strava leg pulling last night, I've been thinking about how we get [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] and his new bike over some hills.
Having 'spoken' to the boy Tricky this morning we've got the all clear to 'help' him out.

Any suggestions?, as I'm not entirely sure my plan will help.
I've come to the conclusion we need to ride Tricky to Ditchling and talk him up the Beacon.

Stay with me here Tricky, Tricky focus, (clicking fingers) Tricky hellloo

I'm working on the theory everything after that will be a piece of wee-wee.
Doing something like DB for the first time is only about one thing - getting to the top.

Every ride up it after that becomes about how you measure yourself, time, effort, in/out of saddle whatever, but not the first.

I think this autumnal weather brings out the very best in Sussex cycling, the thought of riding to Little-freakin-hampton AGAIN instead of trips to Fulking and the Edburton Rd et al is enough to make me cry.
Steyning and the Arun valley were glorious this week from the top of their respective climbs.

#makeTrickyagrimpeur

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
TBH with an expensive new build, if you have any doubts or are concerned about the right tools, I'd hand it all over to guys you got the frame from.
I'd agree - headsets and BBs are probably best left to those who are experienced and have the right tools. Everything else is fairly straightforward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope.

Loving Viv slotting straight onto Stannards wheel.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Kwia has to be the most dangerous in this situation, hopefully Stanard can follow any moves...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Germany working very hard as you would expect, apart from them not sure who else will want to help chase...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh blimey 22kms to go and I haven't posted my usual Worlds comment:-

God I loves that Belgium kit.

Phew that feels better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you got one?
No chance, if you haven't earned it, you can't wear it. (unless its a retro classic).

There's very little chance, at this stage of my career, I'll be earning a Belgiumist call up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great win, the boy done good.

Somehow Oleg's gonna be a proper knob about this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what's stopping that?

I like the simplicity of the Belgian one but also have a love for Italian tops, be it football or rugby etcs.
Nah, it'll be like wearing a Yellow or Polka Dot jersey.

I'll just admire them from afar.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody brilliant win for Sagan!:rave::clap2::banana::clap::O

So so pleased for him after all those 2nd places and everyone doing him over time and time again as they don't want to tow him to the line. Now he knows this is how he can win races. I think I only saw him do this once before, in Gent Wevelgem when Bozic won the sprint behind him. Keep this up Sagan, you'll get more deserved wins this way.

One things for sure, the rainbow jersey will certainly be visible next season now! Great victory for cycling all round I'd say. :smile:

After some Strava leg pulling last night, I've been thinking about how we get [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] and his new bike over some hills.
Having 'spoken' to the boy Tricky this morning we've got the all clear to 'help' him out.

Any suggestions?, as I'm not entirely sure my plan will help.
I've come to the conclusion we need to ride Tricky to Ditchling and talk him up the Beacon.

Stay with me here Tricky, Tricky focus, (clicking fingers) Tricky hellloo

I'm working on the theory everything after that will be a piece of wee-wee.
Doing something like DB for the first time is only about one thing - getting to the top.

Every ride up it after that becomes about how you measure yourself, time, effort, in/out of saddle whatever, but not the first.

I think this autumnal weather brings out the very best in Sussex cycling, the thought of riding to Little-freakin-hampton AGAIN instead of trips to Fulking and the Edburton Rd et al is enough to make me cry.
Steyning and the Arun valley were glorious this week from the top of their respective climbs.

#makeTrickyagrimpeur

SB, I'm up for it! ! Trying to sneak out of work early in the hunt for hills! A grimpeur. ..what a smashing word; I'll take that Stat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here