Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That just echoes my post above #64612. Interviewers used to almost interrogate their guests or at least try to bring some balance. Now it is almost like giving them a platform to spread their lies.

Apart from a terror of being charged with bias by the currently ruling establishment the BBC is hamstrung by its obsession with appearing balanced at all times. Thus, before the referendum, we would have a measured, slightly critical, appraisal of the situation from - say - the Bank of England and this would have to be followed by a contrary rant from someone no one had ever heard of. They would both be given similar airtime, even if the second of the two was waffling about nothing at all.

The only time I recall the balance being forsaken was when BBC SE did a vox pop in East Kent and all three members of the public they interviewed were strongly pro-Brexit. (Mind you, as the interviewees' reasons for voting leave were (1) the number of muslims in the country (2) the number of fishing boats in Calais harbour and (3) the fact that Boris was more amusing than Dave I am still not sure which direction the bias was running in.)

Jan 30, 2008
Apart from a terror of being charged with bias by the currently ruling establishment the BBC is hamstrung by its obsession with appearing balanced at all times. Thus, before the referendum, we would have a measured, slightly critical, appraisal of the situation from - say - the Bank of England and this would have to be followed by a contrary rant from someone no one had ever heard of. They would both be given similar airtime, even if the second of the two was waffling about nothing at all.

The only time I recall the balance being forsaken was when BBC SE did a vox pop in East Kent and all three members of the public they interviewed were strongly pro-Brexit. (Mind you, as the interviewees' reasons for voting leave were (1) the number of muslims in the country (2) the number of fishing boats in Calais harbour and (3) the fact that Boris was more amusing than Dave I am still not sure which direction the bias was running in.)

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg far more interesting
regards
DR

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brexit is manna from heaven for the legal profession.

[tweet]1063401941118652417[/tweet]

Lord Kerr, the author of the article, seems to think article 50 can be reversed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lord Kerr, the author of the article, seems to think article 50 can be reversed.

Indeed. Looks a little to me like The Government are not wanting this ruled by The ECJ prior to the meaningful vote as some of them are running scared. Why let all the real facts get in the way of Brexit and a parliamentary vote on it, eh? :rolleyes:

All legal opinion I saw before the Gina Miller et al case was The High Court were correct in their ruling for example, yet they wasted time and money and appealed anyway to The Supreme Court. If The Court of Session in Scotland has made a similar ruling, I can't see why The Supreme Court would think any different and Joanna Cherry QC argued in parliament that The Government are going against The Act of Union in this appeal as The Court of Session had already ruled a Supreme Court appeal out.

[tweet]1062375200170360832[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who threw you a biscuit?
You’re talking out of your hat.

I assumed when you used the phrase "Lord Haw Haw" you knew what you were on about. Clearly not. Is the Lord Haw Haw you were thinking of a liberal elite Guardian columnist?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There are one or two I would not shed a tear for, will you weep for me if I die?

I certainly wouldn’t take delight at your passing,I don’t (thankfully)know you.
It just seems to me and a lot of other people that voted to leave the EU had been monstered ,called uneducated,racist and worst of all Tories!..
It’s time that remain voters accepted the majority of people want to leave.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I certainly wouldn’t take delight at your passing,I don’t (thankfully)know you.
It just seems to me and a lot of other people that voted to leave the EU had been monstered ,called uneducated,racist and worst of all Tories!..
It’s time that remain voters accepted the majority of people want to leave.

wantED

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Calling Dave:smokin:in whatever.Baker lite is on here at the same time as me.Time for you to get your daily swearword out.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The majority of people do not want to leave. Stop lying or provide the facts.

20c57ba5f93cc0a828da22c62142d93b.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Er, John. This AGAIN higights how inept and ignorant leavers are that they don't even know thia guys name! Laughable.

Oh,so sorry.Is Wayne his dad?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The vote was conclusive in June 2016,are you proposing a vote every 2 or 3 years?or just when the result doesn’t suit you.

Who mentioned what 'suits me'? I was just correcting your clear error, in tense, that's all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So so ignorant. So sad. Stop selling Britain to the rich elites and join the people!

Isn't LORD Kerr part of the rich elites?Or is the Lord a showbiz title,like Lord Sutch????Is Wayne his son?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here