Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hugo Lloris - arrested for alleged drink driving

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Some people don't care, some people don't realise they are over the limit as don't understand legal limits properly. I would assume that after one pint I would be OK to drive but I don't know for sure so tend to not drink at all

Being able to afford a taxi doesn't come in to it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some people don't care, some people don't realise they are over the limit as don't understand legal limits properly. I would assume that after one pint I would be OK to drive but I don't know for sure so tend to not drink at all

Being able to afford a taxi doesn't come in to it

I suspect having been chucked in a cell for several hours he was a bit more than just over......we'll see. The limit in France is far stricter than the UK so he's unlikely to not be used to the rules.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I suspect having been chucked in a cell for several hours he was a bit more than just over......we'll see. The limit in France is far stricter than the UK so he's unlikely to not be used to the rules.

I guess so but someone that is ignorant of our law may well be ignorant of it in their own country.

My main point was the affording of a taxi. I don;t think it has anything to do with it. If people are ignorant/dicks then their bank balance doesn't matter

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess so but someone that is ignorant of our law may well be ignorant of it in their own country.

My main point was the affording of a taxi. I don;t think it has anything to do with it. If people are ignorant/dicks then their bank balance doesn't matter

Think a lot of them think they're untouchable.........arrogance maybe.......

Anyway, he's an idiot if guilty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe he was out with Ant (or Dec) I dunno the one on the right.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Maybe he was out with Ant (or Dec) I dunno the one on the right.

Seemingly such double acts are always named left to right as you look at them, which makes Ant the one on the left. Not too sure how that works for the Two Ronnies

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Seemingly such double acts are always named left to right as you look at them, which makes Ant the one on the left. Not too sure how that works for the Two Ronnies

Ronnie is on the right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It happens in all walks of life people thinking I am ok I wont get stopped. That doesnt make it right but it is only brought to light when it is a personality or sportsmen. Your average working man does it gets nicked pays his fine and loses his licence with just a mention in the local paper.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Being a Spurs player he would of already of have bunged some cash to the authorities and carry on with a new licence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
will his French licence allow him to drive in this country? I knew a chap who got banned on DD flew to his holiday home in Gozo and obtained a driving licence there or Malta wherever He then obtained an international licence and drove here for the entire period. He said his mate a traffic cop said it was ok as you are banned from holding a UK licence not actually driving. I thought that it was stretching it a bit but he accepted it and drove all of the time.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
will his French licence allow him to drive in this country? I knew a chap who got banned on DD flew to his holiday home in Gozo and obtained a driving licence there or Malta wherever He then obtained an international licence and drove here for the entire period. He said his mate a traffic cop said it was ok as you are banned from holding a UK licence not actually driving. I thought that it was stretching it a bit but he accepted it and drove all of the time.

Thats rubbish I'm afraid and your mate was telling you porkies. When you get done for drink driving you end up being 'Disqualified from driving' which means exactly that, it makes no difference to where your licence was issued thats just a recording mechanism to log any endorsements and entitlements really. Also an international driving permit is really only for UK drivers to drive in certain countries abroad. Unless your mate is foreign of course and then its feasible he could have done this although he would be unlikely to be insured.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

We shall never know.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very silly if true (assume is)........ as others have said it's stupid for anybody to do even being borderline but a millionaire footballer with also more to loose and who's supposed to be a role model :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was held for seven hours or so. On that basis, I'll tell you with some degree of confidence that he's going to be more than just slightly over the limit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here