Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On this performance

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Brighton didn’t play well, but neither did Cardiff. Ifs and buts aside, I’m confident Brighton are the superior side with 11 men or with a decent ref on the pitch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the negative side, some of us are making us look like a right load of plums on NSC with these comments, if others look in on our forum.
We lost, we didn't deserve to win, so move on to next game :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We are looking seriously poor and have been for a few games now.

No confidence
No focus
No concentration
Poor positioning
Poor movement
Poor understanding between players
Hesitation
Self doubt
Fear
Unforced mistakes
Poor passing
No penetration
No end product

We seem in serious need of work, and a sports psychologist too IMO.

Yup, all of the above. Which was also true during The Golden Era of three 1-0 wins on the bounce. Tho you'd have been seriously shouted down by bennies at the time for saying it.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We've been relegation candidates all season. This result hasn't changed anything. Some people it seems have got carried away with a decent run of results.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yup, all of the above. Which was also true during The Golden Era of three 1-0 wins on the bounce. Tho you'd have been seriously shouted down by bennies at the time for saying it.

I didn't mind so much then, because I figured it wouldn't last, and a win is a win. But I haven't enjoyed watching us play for quite a while now. It's been an exercise in frustration and bewilderment recently.

I'm not blaming Chris either, I hardly think he wants us playing like this, like I said, I think a sports psychologist is in order.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't mind so much then, because I figured it wouldn't last, and a win is a win. But I haven't enjoyed watching us play for quite a while now. It's been an exercise in frustration and bewilderment recently.

I'm not blaming Chris either, I hardly think he wants us playing like this, like I said, I think a sports psychologist is in order.

For sure, questions really to be asked of players who appear to be scared of their own shadows, constantly go into Alamo mode and - most baffling of all - suddenly can't string two passes together. That's just unforced errors and mental crumbling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love these knee jerk threads after a defeat :smile:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I would not have posted this thread if the team had actually shown some blood, guts and thunder. I hope the club offer those supporters who made the long trip down to Wales a full refund . Too much arrogance shown by our players. We got what we deserved.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
We are looking seriously poor and have been for a few games now.

No confidence
No focus
No concentration
Poor positioning
Poor movement
Poor understanding between players
Hesitation
Self doubt
Fear
Unforced mistakes
Poor passing
No penetration
No end product

We seem in serious need of work, and a sports psychologist too IMO.

only failed to score once in 9 games
solid defence
picking up points when not playing well
missing key players through injury
Andone coming into team and looking good
6 points clear of bottom 3
Only lost in last minute to offside goal despite playing with 10 men for an hour.
CB called up for England

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The more objective of us were saying exactly the same during The Golden Era of three 1-0 wins on the bounce. While the bennies were lauding that run of extreme run of luck as some kind of masterplan.

Not me I’ve been moaning about the shit entertainment and saying how lucky we’ve been all season. Drew’s Hughton Out thread and the 606 one aside I don’t recall many threads on a relegation struggle ahead. We lose to Cardiff and along it comes :rolleyes:

Diablo

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If that was a Premier League side in anything other than name only then I'm a car loving Brexiteer.

You`re belittling a side that has beaten "Manchester United" twice and "Arsenal" once in the last eight months. We were away ! we had ten men for 50 mins! we only lost by one goal ! .

PS I`m also a car loving Brexiteer.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You`re belittling a side that has beaten "Manchester United" twice and "Arsenal" once in the last eight months. We were away ! we had ten men for 50 mins! we only lost by one goal ! .

PS I`m also a car loving Brexiteer.

We’re they not really Manchester United and Arsenal, then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here