Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Cardiff now?

• Yes please

Votes: 101 38.5%
  • No thank you

Votes: 126 48.1%
  • **** off with your ridiculous clickbait shit

Votes: 35 13.4%

• Total voters

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Wouldn't take a point against anyone in the bottom half at the moment. If it was April and we needed a point to help towards safety then maybe. But with a healthy cushion at the moment we should be going to "teams like Cardiff" and taking all three.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Yes we should be "beating teams like Cardiff" but we don't beat many away period. We are shocking away.
So to answer the question would I take a point and deny them 3. YES!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
you`re right we have a chance of three....but a guaranteed point away..yes please !

Not for me on this one, we need to be beating the lower clubs like Cardiff, Huddersfield and Palace :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Worth bearing in mind that Southampton haven't won at home since 2011, and we needed a last-gasp slightly dubious penalty to scrape a draw there from 0-2 down. A draw at Cardiff would be perfectly acceptable, and would be a FAR better result for us than for them.

We were also Pardews only scalp as West Brom boss last season. We generally don't come out well from these type of games.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey. Have you SEEN what we're like away from home ?

Yes. Of course I'd take a point. Of COURSE yes. All day long, and twice on Sundays.

No, if we don't take a point we run the risk of losing 1-0 having set out to defend for 90 minutes.

You're forgetting there's an international break, next week, if the Albion take a point or god forbid 3 this place will be like the Marie Celeste next week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, if we don't take a point we run the risk of losing 1-0 having set out to defend for 90 minutes.

You're forgetting there's an international break, next week, if the Albion take a point or god forbid 3 this place will be like the Marie Celeste next week.

But the question wasn't "should we set out for a point", the question was "would you take a point now". My answer to that is "yes".

That'll be your answer too, when we go in 1-0 down.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
2 - 0 to the good guys. Our back four will want to get back to a shut out after last week and with AJ likely out, Knocky will come back all fired up and score plus Murray will do his usual stuff.

PS Just had wild mushroom soup so maybe I am hallucinating.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No chance. We're a comfortably better side than them, and need to show it/prove it on the pitch.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the question wasn't "should we set out for a point", the question was "would you take a point now". My answer to that is "yes".

That'll be your answer too, when we go in 1-0 down.

No way, when we go down 1-0 I want us to defend even further back.
Reality is working out too well for me at the moment, the last thing I need is NSC going quiet as well. :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I said yes but changed I've my mind despite a point away being a decent return. It's baffling, we've won 3 or our last 4 and morale on yet here is relatively poor. If we do win well, I fancy people to come round a bit.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Depends which Albion we are talking about if its a team actually trying to win the points then no way...but if it the usual bore them to death away tactic then save everyone 90 minutes of their live and just call it a draw.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, of course I'd take a point.

A point would be a massively important point that might just mean the difference between death or glory come the end of the season, seeing as how our away form is so shite and we ALWAYS play like timid ****s with no ambition other than keeping the goal difference down.

Every little helps :thumbsup:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well Hughton said (pre-Cardiff press conference) we are going to approach it in the same way we have approached all our away games this season.

So sit back back and hope for a draw it is then :(

Not saying we have a divine right to beat Cardiff, but if we don't at least put them under pressure and try to win the game then it's going to be a long season ahead.

In every single Premier League game this season (home and away) we have had less possession than our opponents. We clearly need to keep the ball better, and make passes count!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here