Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lewis bonfire

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that all? I haven't done it in about 10 years but back then the crowds were over twice that. Amazing atmosphere, if you like that sort of thing...

It’s also always made a massive difference if it’s held on a Friday/Sat/Sun - much greater numbers last 2 years, despite the same police obsession with the event.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The annual scramble by outsiders to get to Lewes baffles me. There are loads of really good displays all over Sussex. Why the obsession with red-trousered pub bores burning the pope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Some great ones out there.
I have to my knowledge only met one person who was a member of one of the societies and he was a cross between Nick Frost in Spaced /Gareth from the office / Bill Oddie.

He was providing some pyro’s on a film set and was utterly obsessed with talking about two things. His portable generator and asking over and over again if we had chipped in for petrol. Not a bad person by any means just a very specific type of person.

As for Lewes bonfire , meh. Did it a few years on the trot, never bothered again. The only reason I would go again is to cheese off the local societies . Heads up, it’s not your town to invite or not invite people to.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As I went to Lewes priory, most of my mates are from Lewes. Marched for the past 13 years or so without paying as I'm an "outsider" got caught and thrown out the parade a few times last year. A mix of being too busy and not being arsed ment I gave it a miss this year . Better being in it than watching it.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The only reason I would go again is to cheese off the local societies . Heads up, it’s not your town to invite or not invite people to.

Are you a celebrity ? If not I doubt any society would know you were attending let alone be cheesed off. As for Lewes people "it`s not your Town"! I live in Lewes and consider it my town.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are you a celebrity ? If not I doubt any society would know you were attending let alone be cheesed off. As for Lewes people "it`s not your Town"! I live in Lewes and consider it my town.

How come for about the last ten years pleas have gone out for non locals to stay away? A plea that has been repeated on this board a few times too.
Well, yes you may consider it your town and quite rightly, I phrased it wrong . It is your town but it is not up to you whether people visit your town on bonfire night or any other day of the year.
It’s neither here nor there as it happens as the whole event is too crowded for me.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It’s neither here nor there as it happens as the whole event is too crowded for me.

Me too....although impossible to ignore if you live in Lewes. However I don`t think people from out of Lewes should be hindered in attending if they so wish.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
As for Lewes bonfire , meh. Did it a few years on the trot, never bothered again. The only reason I would go again is to cheese off the local societies . Heads up, it’s not your town to invite or not invite people to.[/QUOTE] :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here