Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Red wine recommendations please

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like to buy someone a nice bottle or two (or three) of red, and since we have a few drinkers here, I'm looking for some recommendation please :)

He likes bold reds and these days mostly goes for Malbec (often stocking up when it's on sale, always paying less than £10 a bottle I think). Above his general budget I think he likes Barolo.

I'd like recommendations of anything that beats a £10 Malbec, with a budget of £20 to £50 please :)

I can order online, or collect around the Brighton area.

Thanks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Go to Butler's Wine Cellar on Queens Park Rd. Henry will sort out something that you want

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Get yourself over to Butlers wine (Queens Park Road or St George’s Road). I like big reds & a favourite is an Italian called Gran Passione (£14.99). As a matter of fact you’ve talked me into buying a few today

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Go to Butler's Wine Cellar on Queens Park Rd. Henry will sort out something that you want
Get yourself over to Butlers wine (Queens Park Road or St George’s Road).
I already had his website open :)

Still, I'd just be yet another customer wandering in asking the same question, so I thought I'd ask you guys for some of your recommendations :)

I like big reds & a favourite is an Italian called Gran Passione (£14.99). As a matter of fact you’ve talked me into buying a few today��
Glad I could help :)
Where will you get your Gran Passione?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm no red wine buff by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy Puisseguin-Saint-Émilion

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Châteauneuf du pape, or a Côtes du Rhône.
Both very nice reds from the Rhône region of France

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I love Malbec and I also love Ribera Del Duero, a Spanish red from Castile and Leon.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Agree with Chateaneuf du pape but normally expensive....Most Riojas IMO good alternative.
It’s worth keeping an eye out in Lidl, normally have a chateauneuf in there for around a tenner

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My favourite is Vino Noble Di Multipuciano you should be able to get a decent one at the upper end of your price bracket. Super markets usually sell the rubbish version D'Abrusso. I am not a wine buff and tend to stick with what I know and like which at the moment tends to be either Chataneuf Du Pape or Morgon as I can no longer afford Vino Noble as a regular drink.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here