Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
There are one or two posts that are dopey (that Bromley connection and associated story is laughable, at least to me) BUT there is an awful lot of evidence piling up to suggest your club is not really run sufficiently well. The squabble between Parish and those soppy 16 year olds in the corner is pure gold, was so utterly avoidable and very amateurish. The ground redevelopment (the one where you end up paying as much as we did for the whole Amex but end up with only a quarter of our ground) seems laughable too - I'll bet that never happens and if it does, you'll wish it never happened.

Parish just seems like a total amateur. Lucky for you that you fluked promotion just as the big money came rolling in because I genuinely believe that has masked a lot of his incompetence.

I have long given up worrying about how the club is managed, what the stadium is like and who is getting paid what etc. Football is so far gone it's not worth me worrying about, I care about 90 minutes, roughly once a week.
As for fluking promotion, we done well to fluke a whole season.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have long given up worrying about how the club is managed, what the stadium is like and who is getting paid what etc. Football is so far gone it's not worth me worrying about, I care about 90 minutes, roughly once a week.
As for fluking promotion, we done well to fluke a whole season.

I do sort of agree. I know we are lucky with the stadium etc, but what it boils down to is enjoying watching your team, and having fun as a supporter. The financial side is for others to worry about, and it is of course important that our clubs are run well. But if I go to the theatre, I go to enjoy the play, I don't care what's going on back stage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do sort of agree. I know we are lucky with the stadium etc, but what it boils down to is enjoying watching your team, and having fun as a supporter. The financial side is for others to worry about, and it is of course important that our clubs are run well. But if I go to the theatre, I go to enjoy the play, I don't care what's going on back stage.

Until you lose the theatre, of which thousands have closed down.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

With that attitude its lucky you weren't around in mid 90's

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No but I know what kids are like, I went to school with a lot of them.

Not a great defence that, a decent prosecution brief would rip that apart.
If you’re going to continue hanging around playgrounds,you are going to have to come up with something better.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
OMG that is borderline psychotic; and to think twerps like Beagle88 come on here and accuse us of being obsessed with them!

I won't get into who posts more about who etc. But some of those threads on the away end are years old, lots are started by Brighton fans and lots of posts are from Brighton fans as well. Imagine if every thread about Palace on here had it's own forum, I dread to think how long it would be.
As for the threads on there, it's the same old people having the same old arguments over every single thread.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's a pretty crap analogy though.

Unless you have a favourite theatre company and follow everything that they do obsessively. In which case, I'd be pretty interested in the running of the company and particularly that it was sustainable and run sensibly from a financial perspective.

Just so that I could continue enjoying their productions without worrying that they might fold at some point, or that they wouldn't be able to employ the quality of actors and staff to keep things at the same standard.

It's the usual Palace argument because the way their club is run is a total joke. "Oh I don't care about all that stuff".

That's what most Sheffield Wednesday fans said for the past few years and now they're ****ed. "FFP, what's that? Doesn't matter to us our owner is loaded". Matters now though doesn't it....

Palace fans are trotting out the same mantra. They "don't care" that they are the only club in the PL spending more on players than they generate in income. It "doesn't matter" as long as they enjoy the match.

Even now loads of them are saying that they DIDN'T enjoy the match because their chav contingent have chucked their toys (due to SP’s ineptitude) and there's no atmosphere. Even now some goons will come on here defending how their club is run or saying "they don't care".

I'd say that if you don't give a shit about how your football club is run then you're either lying, you're really, really stupid or you actually don't care about the club as you can always switch teams if it goes tits up.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I won't get into who posts more about who etc. But some of those threads on the away end are years old, lots are started by Brighton fans and lots of posts are from Brighton fans as well. Imagine if every thread about Palace on here had it's own forum, I dread to think how long it would be.
As for the threads on there, it's the same old people having the same old arguments over every single thread.
Not the point is it. I couldn't care less how many threads and posts there are about us on your board. The are loads but that's fine as you hate us and the feeling is mutual.

Fact is though, I'm not on there telling Palace fans that you're obsessed with us and lying about there being no threads about Palace on our board. Like that Eagle88 BELLEND did and like so many others do.

It's a point of fact, not semantics about who posts about who more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here