Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s Everyone’s Mood Today?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same here. Those Watford goals were outstanding. (Spits)

Poor defending for both though. Nobody picked up Pereyra loitering on the edge of the area for the first, and the second was even worse. Knocky lost the ball and just stood there, and Pereyra was allowed to just wander casually into space, in the area, with absolutely no Albion player near him. Unforgivable.

I went yesterday, and basically thought Watford were not really all that, but we played so badly we made them look much better than they were. Only positives were Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh looked pretty good when they came on.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought Watford were better organised, fitter, stronger and more up for it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What has happened to Duffy,is he unwell?Looks a shadow of last seasons top player.Bissouma needs to start matches now,he looks a winner.Keep the rest in for some extra training to match his fitness.Onwards and upwards,2 points from the next two matches!UTA:albion2:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
So your logic is to have your wingers go down the line and away from goal but to take the target men we possess out of the team? :ffsparr:

no my logic is to have wingers that do what wingers do and attack down the flanks to the 'goal line' (maybe better description than by-line) and create opportunities for a striker or two who would be in and around the box ... may sound old fashioned idea but maybe thats because I am oldish :p

strikers do not have to be target men ... they just have to be in the right place at the right time .. dont need to be a target man to be in the box to get on the end of a wingers cross

but thats just my thinking

theboybilly

I'm happier knowing that adding much needed pace is just around the corner. We were much improved after the 2nd half substitutions but were still bogged down by a ponderous build-up from the back. But what else could we do? There was no reliable outlet - March tried but couldn't get past his man, Knockhaert overplayed it and GM is a pacy defenders dream opponent. It's hard to form an opinion until the new lads come in but I remain positive. A result on Sunday will cheer us all up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Thing is, we are a funny old team.
After Leicester away last season I thought we were absolutely screwed. We were organised in a way in which there was no prospect of us scoring goals, basically. Too slow, too negative and error-prone. Similar to yesterday.
But last season we bounced back against West Brom (?) - Gross looked lethal, defence solid, midfield looked well-tuned. Completely different.
So while yesterday was dire, we have proved we have it In us to suddenly perform way way better. I wonder if a lot of it comes down to gross. From game to game he can go from highly influential world beater to Completely anonymous.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
no my logic is to have wingers that do what wingers do and attack down the flanks to the 'goal line' (maybe better description than by-line) and create opportunities for a striker or two who would be in and around the box ... may sound old fashioned idea but maybe thats because I am oldish :p

strikers do not have to be target men ... they just have to be in the right place at the right time .. dont need to be a target man to be in the box to get on the end of a wingers cross

but thats just my thinking
gy

Buying something like16 players for £61million but playing only Bernardo as a change seems sorta odd. Add the Locadia debate and you wonder if the rhetoric supportsthe needed strengthening adequately enough. 2nd goal at the end of near post run was beyond amateur. We need more leadership and a Keith andrews/brian Horton they shall not pass mentality. I hope the new people make a quick impact it before a free fall situation develops as looks highly likely on that showing. Still vaguely optimistic it will work out but hugely disappoined with what i saw.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Still feeling very worried after yesterday’s abject display.
We now face Man U and Liverpool and I am pretty certain we will be nil points after 3 games.
That will impact morale and we will then face an even tougher fight to get going.
Really gutted as I was so optimistic before kick off but it was the lack of desire and fight that worried me the most.

We will really struggle to get going with an inherently cautious mindset. Sometimes you have to gamble, throw caution to the wind, accept you are going to lose some games and try and nick a few surprise points. Palace got themselves out of a deep hole last season by being positive.
It is down to the manager. We all hoped that he would adopt a more positive approach away from home. He reverted to type yesterday and it resulted in a shambolic performance. It is the wrong mindset to talk about ' Fortress Amex ' and piling up home points. It breeds complacency amongst players. We can all see those who are ' homers ' and fail to deliver away. He has to rethink his strategy. Watford rolled us over so easily it makes you shudder to think how few away points who are going to get, if we continue in this mindset.
If the manager cannot change, then we have to consider changing the manager.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After that woeful performance at Watford yesterday I came out of the ground feeling thoroughly depressed and disappointed. I was trying desperately hard to think of any positives that I could glean from that game of hell - one, maybe, the introduction of our two new boys Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh.

Today I feel a bit more optimistic. Just their brief showing yesterday, and with the other new recruits, makes me believe that we can change things for the better, even if means the dismantling of the ‘old guard’. I have a feeling that Chris Hughton, after that offering, might just move from his normal position of caution to being ruthless in culling some our established players.

So maybe that game yesterday, shit as it was, is a blessing in disguise in that it has shown all our blemishes in 90 minutes. Rectify those quickly and we could be back on track - I do hope so.

The dismantling of the old guard, after one defeat, are you mad? Yes we lost a football match, big deal, we will lose many more this season too, but this is a war we are fighting, not just one battle. Drip feeding these new signings into the side is the answer, not throwing them in en masse.. This season won't be any easier than the last, we have to be realistic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In so doing we keep possession and build attacks from the back/midfield usually. yesterday unfortunately yet once again came up against Will Hughes and he always tears us a new one.

It was nothing to do with Hughes, nobody "tore us a new one" yesterday. But our build-up play was so achingly slow and ponderous, and I'm not just singling Propper out for that, but on a number of occasions he received the ball in space in midfield, and his first thought was to just play the simple, easy sideways pass. Not once did he get his head up, move forward into space or look to do anything POSITIVE. He wasn't alone in that. Nobody took any responsibility. Nobody tried to do anything. Everybody played it safe - and yeah, its a piece of piss to "keep possession" like that, but when you're creating absolutely f-all then whats the point ?

Bissouma was a breath of fresh air when he came on. He at least TRIED to make things happen. The rest of them were absolutely pathetic.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I am beginning to think that Goldson going is as big a clanger as letting Murray go first time around. We shall see.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
in the end we all have our opinions and many will disagree and thats what makes the forum rock as would be boring we all agreed and had the same ideas

one thing that keeps nagging me is ...... we have no clue how to play against an opponent who does an energetic high press on us ... dont remember once last season when we really rose to that challenge so maybe someone can remind me when we coped with that and actually beat it ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The dismantling of the old guard, after one defeat, are you mad? Yes we lost a football match, big deal, we will lose many more this season too, but this is a war we are fighting, not just one battle. Drip feeding these new signings into the side is the answer, not throwing them in en masse.. This season won't be any easier than the last, we have to be realistic.

It’s not the losing that’s a bother , it’s the manner of the defeat . That’s the main concern .

Players that didn’t look up for it, didn’t look as fit as the opposition , lack lustre in defence , a same old tired system that didn’t work last season away from home .

That’s the worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm not a pantpisser usually and see nothing here i didn't see last season playing away from home , what's encouraging is that we now have options from the bench to change this god awful 0-0 mentality when playing away , when Bissouma came on he showed more in 20 minutes going forward than Propper has in over 40 games ! he will become be a fans favorite very quickly because he has no fear no inhibitions , he just want's to attack ! BUT boy can he motor when defending after a attack breaks down , i'm not bothered in the slightest about yesterdays result as i was half expecting it when i saw the team sheet , hopefully CH is astute enough to see the difference he made to our midfield and start him next week , so from the doom and gloom shines a tiny beacon of light imo we have one hell of a player on our hands in Bissouma , it did make me laugh when he snatched the ball from Knocky after winning the free kick 28 yards out , one thing on his mind , Shoot ! love it .

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The MOTD clip wasn't as horrible as I was expecting but the defending for their second goal was horrible - the new guy stopped tracking back and the CB (looked like Duffy) was asleep and failed to do the usual kamikazi dive in front of the ball. CH's team selection was no surprise to any of us, and we all know that he won't change any more than two for the start next week. I am hoping in a few months we'll be content that the new players have been bedded in sensibly and the decison to not panic and change 5 or 6 after one bad game is vindicated.......

Match of the Day made us look ok.
We weren’t

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I'm not a pantpisser usually and see nothing here i didn't see last season playing away from home , what's encouraging is that we now have options from the bench to change this god awful 0-0 mentality when playing away , when Bissouma came on he showed more in 20 minutes going forward than Propper has in over 40 games ! he will become be a fans favorite very quickly because he has no fear no inhibitions , he just want's to attack ! BUT boy can he motor when defending after a attack breaks down , i'm not bothered in the slightest about yesterdays result as i was half expecting it when i saw the team sheet , hopefully CH is astute enough to see the difference he made to our midfield and start him next week , so from the doom and gloom shines a tiny beacon of light imo we have one hell of a player on our hands in Bissouma , it did make me laugh when he snatched the ball from Knocky after winning the free kick 28 yards out , one thing on his mind , Shoot ! love it .

THIS

He is going to be a real crowd favourite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here