Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayak and Baldock - when back?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solly March for example. Since 14/15 he's made more appearances than Solly who has had 2 big injuries in that period.

At least time's very much on Solly's side, with a long career ahead. Plus by all accounts he used his last lay off to strengthen.

With Sam, it seems like Michael Owen (and others) where the second half of the career is riddled with lengthy injuries.

Luck of the draw?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've also heard that Baldock's problems may well be not just down to his physical state.

Completely unrelated but about 90 minutes before the West Brom game, he was waiting for a London bound train at Hassocks Station.

What does that mean ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At least time's very much on Solly's side, with a long career ahead. Plus by all accounts he used his last lay off to strengthen.

With Sam, it seems like Michael Owen (and others) where the second half of the career is riddled with lengthy injuries.

Luck of the draw?

I think both of Solly's long layoffs have been from injuries where it was immediately apparent that he'd be out for a long time. Baldock's seem to start as niggles that then turn in to long term injuries. It may be my imagination but the prognosis always starts out that he shouldn't be out for long but he always is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've also heard that Baldock's problems may well be not just down to his physical state.

Completely unrelated but about 90 minutes before the West Brom game, he was waiting for a London bound train at Hassocks Station.

What does that mean ?

I think he means that most (if not all) players are a solid at room temperature, whilst [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION] I think believes that Sam B is either a liquid or gas at room temperature, or at least enough of him is to affect his fitness.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Bollox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also remember reading that it may be mental problems, I hope that is totally wrong, but for a brain dead comment like yours is unbelievable.I remember when reading the article thinking it would have been kinder saying confidence problem, but I cannot understand why you put the comment you did. Having said that I actually hope your comment is right. I cannot understand why any person treats mental problems nomatter how slight they may be with such ignorant contempt

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Apologies if already posted but a bit of better news from Hughton on Baldock in today's Argus:

"But he's training now. He's trained the last week with us. I think he will be one we will probably have to end up fast-tracking a little but, because up until now he hasn't played a game or had a pre-season.

"Tuesday's under-23 game will be too early, but we have a game the following week which we are hoping to play him in."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Baldock can't play 10 consecutive games, this means the 7 games in December will be doubt.

The club would be better off taking their time now, giving SB an extra month of 'preseason' in the hope of nursing him through to the transfer window opening.

At least then they can say 'see we don't need a striker' :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apologies if already posted but a bit of better news from Hughton on Baldock in today's Argus:

"But he's training now. He's trained the last week with us. I think he will be one we will probably have to end up fast-tracking a little but, because up until now he hasn't played a game or had a pre-season.

"Tuesday's under-23 game will be too early, but we have a game the following week which we are hoping to play him in."

Could be back in contention for the last two of games that Hemed is banned for it would seem.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As Baldock can't play 10 consecutive games, this means the 7 games in December will be doubt.

The club would be better off taking their time now, giving SB an extra month of 'preseason' in the hope of nursing him through to the transfer window opening.

At least then they can say 'see we don't need a striker' :facepalm:

You need to check his record last season

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully we'll get Kayal back soon, he's a quality player and he'll make his way back into the team. He'll add a lot of bite and drive to our midfield.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hopefully we'll get Kayal back soon, he's a quality player and he'll make his way back into the team. He'll add a lot of bite and drive to our midfield.

Unfortunately, he hasn't added a lot of bite and drive for several months. He is a quality player, but at the moment we have better quality footballers in our midfield. He may well make his way back in the team, but at the moment he has a fight on his hands just to be a valued squad player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here