• Pick it up and hand it in to Police

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Leave it on the floor [ignore]

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
In the original thread #Hillian found a wallet and from the contents, the owner could be identified [via Arabic translation].

In this scenario, a £20 note was seen on the floor at a sports clothing boutique at Manchester airport. Once picked up off the floor, it turned out to be three £20 notes all crisply stuck together like the are when they come out of the ATM. On looking around for a possible owner, the shop was empty, and not even a sign of a sales assistant.

What would you do in this example - remember: only cash so no easy means of identifying the owner - possibly trawling through the shop's CCTV might reveal if the camera was pointing in the right direction and picked it up as it happened. But ...

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I said that I'd hand the wallet it, but in this case, I'd keep it. I can't see any realistic way that I could return the money to the rightful owner even if I wanted to.

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Nah, the police would just pocket it.

If you truly believe that then I would mark a £20 note and go back to the police officers that you suspect and say that there was more money that you found near the other money and ask for the name of the person who claimed the money that you found earlier (£60) so you may return it. If the police officers can not provide you with the name then I would report them to their superiors with your suspicion. If they find the £20 note with your mark in the possession of the police officers then you have proof.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hand it in and have the airport make an announcement. Anyone who can get the amount and denominations right, plus name likely places it was lost, is almost certainly the rightful owner. The one person we know that hasn't lost it is YOU.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you truly believe that then I would mark a £20 note and go back to the police officers that you suspect and say that there was more money that you found near the other money
Why do you suspect there is more, have you found more or what? This sounds very suspicious, what aren't you telling us?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you truly believe that then I would mark a £20 note and go back to the police officers that you suspect and say that there was more money that you found near the other money and ask for the name of the person who claimed the money that you found earlier (£60) so you may return it. If the police officers can not provide you with the name then I would report them to their superiors with your suspicion. If they find the £20 note with your mark in the possession of the police officers then you have proof.

Would this not be entrapment ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Donate it to Aluko's hurt feelings fund.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Surely if you hand it into the police then the likelihood is no-one will claim it and then you'll get it 28 days later and you did the right thing, double win

Way back, circa 1960's when I was just a kid, my dad found a ten-bob note on the street in Brighton and took it to John Street nick. He was asked sometime later to come and collect it as no one had claimed it ....

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
Surely if you hand it into the police then the likelihood is no-one will claim it and then you'll get it 28 days later and you did the right thing, double win

But ... you'd have to pocket the money, and leave the shop first. Then get to the police before someone goes back into the shop to look for it, informing the shop assistants, who look at the CCTV footage and call the police...

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Would this not be entrapment ?

Why would it be entrapment? If the police officers pocket money that you say you found later then they are guilty of stealing. Whether it's your money or money you found it is stealing. Triggaaar said he suspected the police officers of pocketing the found money (£60). If you give them a marked £20 note and say it was also found and the police officers also pocket that money you would have proof of their stealing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here