Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - immense game

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
The understanding he has with Murray is almost telepathic now, he always seems to just know where those little headed flick ons are going to go. Superb:thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To me it seems like Baldock thrives when he knows he's the main man. He was superb for Bristol City when he was the captain, it's taken time for him to settle into our team but he can clearly see how important he is to the team, and this seems to make him work/run/chase harder. He's like a dog with five dicks out there. That goal yesterday was ridiculous, it was Luis Suarez style strength and determination. I've always liked Baldock but I cannot and will not pretend that I thought he was capable of this level of performance week in week out. I'm so looking forward to Newcastle's defence having to play against him for a full match.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To me it seems like Baldock thrives when he knows he's the main man. He was superb for Bristol City when he was the captain, it's taken time for him to settle into our team but he can clearly see how important he is to the team, and this seems to make him work/run/chase harder. He's like a dog with five dicks out there. That goal yesterday was ridiculous, it was Luis Suarez style strength and determination. I've always liked Baldock but I cannot and will not pretend that I thought he was capable of this level of performance week in week out. I'm so looking forward to Newcastle's defence having to play against him for a full match.

Great observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's in top top form at present, long may it continue :)

Murphy was still Mom tonight however ;-)

It was nice to hear a Baldock chant tonight :)

Lush

Mods' Pet

Every successful striker needs a bit of swagger. When the players are forming two lines up to do sprints at the end of the warm up, which two players ALWAYS put themselves at the front? Baldock and Knockeart.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Brilliant analysis. I too could see the value that he adds in stretching opposition defences. However now more than he has ever been in his time here he is an absolute genuine goal threat.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It will be a hard call between his and Sidwells.

Baldock seems to have his own goal of the season competition this season. Brilliant goals at home to Fulham, home to QPR, away to Barnsley and yesterday. What a season he is having.

Anyone still having doubts about Baldock, if anyone is left, should look at the second Barnsley goal where he ran back to win the ball back from a corner and then finished the move too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Showed his football brain where Akpom didn't (harsh but fair) in closing down their keeper - played the angles and cut off 2 players by going in between them. Very impressive.

Where's [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] - surely time to finally hold those hands up & admit you were completely wrong and the rest of us were completely right..?

In fairness to him, he wasn't the only one who criticised Baldock regularly. I've always thought he was under rated here. For example, Hughton had us improving when he arrived and our end of season bad run coincided with injury for Baldock. However, he didn't score enough goals for a striker. This season he's added more goals and I think got more than his other two season put together. Key part of the team now.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
That's what I was trying to say, but you've said it much better.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think it was only when he was out injured earlier this season that we realised how much we missed him.
And since he's come back in, he's just gone up another level with his play to awesomeness.
Long may it continue.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
"Doesn't score enough goals and that's what strikers are for" - a well know 'fact' BG spouted.

Baldock's bringing the goods and then some. He's a versatile player, he often fell onto the left flank to stretch Reading's defence further, allowing for players such as Poco to overlap and Murphy to cut inside - it's intelligent play, his runs are for a purpose and not to look like he's doing something.

I dare say, he has been quite a crucial player for us this season and I would go as far as saying, we are not likely to be where we are without him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here