Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolf whistling now a crime?

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How else is this woman supposed to know that she and her looks/dress sense are acceptable to this man? Can you imagine the torment she would feel not knowing if it was ok for her to dress how she has, to look as she does? The only way she can know that is if a man lets her know, because men are the most important thing in this world and pleasing us is what motivates every woman. And honestly, words are really difficult for women to understand, so it's better he shows his judgement of her by communicating the way one does when trying to call a dog.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A lesbian plumber looked at me in a funny way once. I put it down to she had lost her ball-cock:moo:

Are you sure it wasn't because you said, "have you seen my big pipe-bender?"

That would do it.

D

Deleted member 2719

I used to work with a guy in the eighties that would jump into the road and start doing up his work boots when ever a women road a bicycle past in a skirt,while glancing up from the lowly position he would say "lucky saddle". Now that was intimidating.
Wolf whistles phhhh.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I used to work with a guy in the eighties that would jump into the road and start doing up his work boots when ever a women road a bicycle past in a skirt,while glancing up from the lowly position he would say "lucky saddle". Now that was intimidating.
Wolf whistles phhhh.

Used to work with someone?

Your user name is "mouldy boots" hmmmm......

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So your saying when ever any young lady is wolf whistled she feels intimidated, objectified as a sex object, and not treated and respected as a human being ???

I think what he is saying is that is how this girl felt, or are we saying that men can block her way, wolf whistle and make her feel intimidated. It's surely for the individual to decide how the behaviour of a group of men make them feel and to do something about it.its about respect.

D

Deleted member 2719

Used to work with someone?

Your user name is "mouldy boots" hmmmm......

Nice try Giraffe man but "mouldy" refers to football boots NOT work boots.:)

I only did it to the kilt wearers!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A lesbian plumber looked at me in a funny way once. I put it down to she had lost her ball-cock:moo:

A local womens' hairdressers put uo a poster in the window a while back with two embracing young wimmin sneering at the camera. Rather upsetting I thought. I gobbed on the window.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Assuming you're a straight man, how would you feel if some (obviously gay, although you may even think they're straight) guy came down the road and called you 'lush'. Intimidatory????

After all, male rape does happen.

People don't want that kind of attention, even if they are attractive, and the lady concerned is preparing to go to work, going about her lawful business, which she should expect to do so unhindered either by real or 'percieved' threats.

It's the same kind of behaviour that requires people to NOT go stalking (which IS a crime).

Seems to me you're a Proper Geezer Objector..:wink:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think what he is saying is that is how this girl felt, or are we saying that men can block her way, wolf whistle and make her feel intimidated. It's surely for the individual to decide how the behaviour of a group of men make them feel and to do something about it.its about respect.

Agree with what your saying Steve, If the men were blocking her her way as reported persistently every day, she would feel intimidated who wouldn't and they deserve a prison sentence in my view but what [MENTION=30176]Diablo[/MENTION] was implying was that every female that ever gets wolf whistle at feels intimidated, objectified as a sex object, and not treated and respected as a human being.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What odds the builders consider themselves to be victims here?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not just wolf whistling, is it? These guys are making a girl feel uncomfortable, regularly.

It shouldn't have got this far, but it'll be good for the company and employees to be used as an example.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
None of this is doing wolves any good either - especially when they don't have the best of reputations to begin with. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here