Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would be a bad career move for Nathan. Wales peaked at the euros, they won’t qualify for another tournament any time soon and he would wrongly get the blame. Much better for him to take his next move to a larger club than Luton once he has taken them up.

They will get through to the next Euros, its a myth they dont have a good side.

Not getting to the play offs at least for the WC was an utter failure

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Rubbish.

Davies, Williams, Ramsey, Allen etc all solid PL players

They have Championship standard players as well, but so do Iceland/Denmark/Sweden

Don't forget Vokes. We'll see if Williams form improves if and when Everton bring in a new manager. His form this season has been woeful by his standards.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The highest ranked Welshman - assuming they want one of their countrymen in charge - is probably Tony Pulis.

Whether he'd want that gig or not is another matter.

Is Pullis ahead of Mark Hughes. I think he probbaly is but Hughes perhaps is the more glamour appointment. If we thrash Stoke on Monday could be be a quick sacking at the Britannia and then Hughes is avalible.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Another loss for Stoke. 3-1 away at Charlton. Nathan Jones 3 wins from 23 games according to Jeff Stelling, living on borrowed time already?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This was a bad choice of job for him. Luton played a high pressing possession game, Stoke have been built for years as the opposite of that, doomed to fail. He will get another League 1 job soon enough with the chance to rebuild his reputation, hopefully he will learn his lesson with regards to leaving a good thing too early.

D

Deleted member 2719

This was a bad choice of job for him. Luton played a high pressing possession game, Stoke have been built for years as the opposite of that, doomed to fail. He will get another League 1 job soon enough with the chance to rebuild his reputation, hopefully he will learn his lesson with regards to leaving a good thing too early.

Can't believe he thought taking this job was a good idea. He's on a hiding to nothing, will get the chop soon enough, unfortunately. Atleast he can take a massive pay cheque to set him up for life ultimately.

I agree with you both.

Stoke fecking Stoke why Nathan, he will learn and kick on though.

Any idea where stoke sit on the transfer budget compared to the rest in the Championship???@ El-Presidente

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I agree with you both.

Stoke fecking Stoke why Nathan, he will learn and kick on though.

Any idea where stoke sit on the transfer budget compared to the rest in the Championship???@ El-Presidente

Should of stayed at Luton but I do wonder if he has been found out. He may be just another of your favourites who fall by the way side......bit like Dean Wilkins. By the way was Graham Potter on your radar to take over when CH was sacked? I had barely heard of him but I'm glad Tony Bloom and his gang knew more than us. Better than the usual boring appointments, he's a bit Leftfield and unconventional.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't think you can say that, Nathan is obviously very ambitious, there was no guarantee Luton were going to win promotion to the Championship when the offer from Stoke came along, Stoke are a bigger club, with more moneyto spend and recent Premier League experience. I don't think anyone could blame him for making that choice.

Having said that, this will be a make or break season for him, his honeymoon period there is very much over, he put his stamp on what he wanted to achieve by bringing in several new faces, and he now has to deliver..

D

Deleted member 2719

Should of stayed at Luton but I do wonder if he has been found out. He may be just another of your favourites who fall by the way side......bit like Dean Wilkins. By the way was Graham Potter on your radar to take over when CH was sacked? I had barely heard of him but I'm glad Tony Bloom and his gang knew more than us. Better than the usual boring appointments, he's a bit Leftfield and unconventional.

Jonesy will still be okay even if he does get moved on, as for Deano he was a great coach just not pc enough allegedly, great to see you back our ex-players still.

Of course, it wasn't my job to scout for a Potter through the football leagues to find the next Albion manager.
But what I will say he fits exactly the role I wanted from an Albion manager, you could say I was ahead of Tony on this one.:)

But TB did have more at stake than me and I have no doubt when lining up Ashworth he was looking for a new manager to work with him and with the appalling second half of the season I always thought he would go.

TB has the foresight that's why he builds what he builds.

You were always happy with what Hughton was doing, we just think different.:moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here