Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle (A)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How did they get away with an allocation that small ? High points threshold as a result............

We took 1800 last year (although the 17:30 KO meant impossible in a day from what I recall). That combined with the timing of the fixture means they don't expect more.

Not sure how this one is going to sell to be honest, it's another 15 points for those trying to catch up but the timing is shit and trains are expensive.

Good away day though, I'm making the effort at least.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just because we took 1800 last year does not mean we will take 1800 this year so can't see that as being a good reason. I thought we let them have 3000 so if they are playing silly bugg*rs then next year if they are still in the PL we should give them none...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Unless we have only asked for 2,000 they have to give us 3,000 don’t they?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Unless we have only asked for 2,000 they have to give us 3,000 don’t they?

They have 'special permission' or something, because that viewing platform we inhabit cannot hold that many. Also they have dispensation not to relocate some away fans pitchside in the same timescale that other clubs have to achieve. Geordie Republic local laws, and all that.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'd love to go. Mrs Spongy is a toon fan. Love to have a weekend away as I've never been to Newcastle. This fixture is slap bang in the middle of a very congested fixture list. The furthest away it could possibly be. At the most expensive time of year. The day before new years eve.

It's one of those games I want to go to but there's no way I could make it. Even if we could afford it it's her turn to work over Xmas week this year.

I'd be surprised if we sell 1500.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I thought sky were still looking to show a game . Wanting to book flights from Southampton but cant afford to waste money

No games are being moved that weekend. Decisions have been made long ago. The games being televised that weekend are: Man Utd vs Southampton, Palace vs City, Spurs vs West Ham and West Brom vs Arsenal.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Visiting family in Doncaster that weekend so hopefully tickets will be available in my tier. Only a short train journey to toon. I'm hoping they'll release more tickets if demand is high?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think because of the time of year this will go to general sale.

Never been to St James' or whatever it's called now. Late eighties/early nineties Saturday nights out in Doncaster were regularly punctuated by Toon sabotage. If they were playing away in London massive gangs of toon would get off the train in Donny on their way home, smash the cr@p out of us and our town, get back on the train like nothing had happened. I hate toon.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No games are being moved that weekend. Decisions have been made long ago. The games being televised that weekend are: Man Utd vs Southampton, Palace vs City, Spurs vs West Ham and West Brom vs Arsenal.

All good then book flights hopefully over weekend looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here