Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber - ID checks of fans at away games?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Plenty of season ticket holders go to barely any of the games, they just do it so they can go on their DAY TRIPS to the big games.

Anyway this matters little to me, my loyalty points are nowhere near high enough. It's the one reason I want us to stay down, when I come back in October I'll have a great chance of getting a ticket, if we're in the PL the JCL kru will run me out of town :ohmy:

I have a ST and have for years, but I don't go away anymore.

If I can't get a ticket for villa and there is anything on it I have mates who are villa fans and I will try and get tickets through them.

I just think barbers attitude to us customers stinks and I wouldn't cry any tears if he fecked off to a bigger club

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My understanding of what PB is stating for the home season tickets is for when one effectively gives over their ticket to someone else (eg a family member) on a permanent or semi permanent basis. Before now the club has always turned a blind eye to the one-off transfer (ie between children)... I get the impression that it wouldn't be frowned upon if you normally took your 14 year old, but she's sick, so you take your 5 year old instead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So for the last 2 seasons I've kept my daughter's st going at the adult rate but have been taking my younger daughter who's only now 21. I've paid for and have taken her and my son to about 12 away games. Should have been going tonight but the wife was taken to hospital Sunday and released today so haven't gone (probably means a points deduction for non-attendance).
I understand some of it but surely if its kept within close family it should be tolerated. One big own goal by PB as he is really hitting the fanatics that go to most games, therefore have the points.

How about take away ST's from those that never go away? Similar huge hammer to crack the nut.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Is not hard to put the tickets in a printer is it? most tickets are standard sizes so wont have to be a rocket scientist to sort out the printer.

Apart from the 4 batches of tickets for 4 different events I received last week that were all different sizes and all different to the size of match day tickets at the Albion but indeed most tickets are standard sizes,yes that's a very valid point

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a poor decision and is part of the sanitisation and gentrification of the game. We already have to get to the Amex earlier and leave later due to transport shortcomings and now the same will apply at away games as the checking will take considerable time.

What happens if someone buys a ticket and is taken ill or called into work and therefore can't make the game?

If a clipboard kid demands my ID I'll politely decline to give it to them. It's a throwback to the policies of Luton in the 80's and Thatcher effectively criminalising fans by threatening a national ID scheme for anyone attending a match.

If someone gets a ticket because they have a friend who has more points can't make it I have no objection, even if I miss out.

I can see some fans buying tickets for away games purely to keep their points up now even if they can't make the match and not going, which just results in wasted seats.

Along with the heavy handed closure of the NSC ticket exchange this is big brother behaviour by the club.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's a poor decision and is part of the sanitisation and gentrification of the game. We already have to get to the Amex earlier and leave later due to transport shortcomings and now the same will apply at away games as the checking will take considerable time.

What happens if someone buys a ticket and is taken ill or called into work and therefore can't make the game?

If a clipboard kid demands my ID I'll politely decline to give it to them. It's a throwback to the policies of Luton in the 80's and Thatcher effectively criminalising fans by threatening a national ID scheme for anyone attending a match.

If someone gets a ticket because they have a friend who has more points can't make it I have no objection, even if I miss out.

I can see some fans buying tickets for away games purely to keep their points up now even if they can't make the match and not going, which just results in wasted seats.

Along with the heavy handed closure of the NSC ticket exchange this is big brother behaviour by the club.

That's you BLACKBALLED

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What if it's POTG?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great way to try and punish fans who are happy to pay more than they actually need to for a season ticket due to changed family circumstances

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Currently singing at Rotherham

"We've got no ID, we've got no ID, we're Brighton & Hove Albion, we've got no ID".

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If they are selling you a ticket, and they add this to their T&C that they have the right to do so ("In completing this purchase you hereby agree to our terms and conditions", click this little box to agree), then why wouldn't they??

Morally they may have. Tested in court? Not a cat in hells chance.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So what's the problem? :shrug:

Say you want to go to Norwich for a hypothetical promotion party, and all the eats are sold before the loyalty points drop to your level, so you miss out. How do you then feel if you find out 200 people with less points than you - perhaps who'd been to no games all season - DID get tickets?

Life is often about who you know etc etc. Do you honestly believe that PB and various levels of staff do not get tickets that maybe other paying fans deserve more? If a mate of a mate etc so be it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Imagine being the person who asks someone for ID at an away game. Imagine ending up doing that in your one and only life
If it was Barber himself you could just pick the little scamp up and pop him in the nearest bin

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
When Hughton loses a few next season, and we don't score for a while, and he gets hounded out by disproportionately furious lardarses in Hollister coats, and then the board make another Hyypia-style appointment and we end up back in League One as part of the inevitable circle of life, I shall look forward to someone asking me and the other 500 gnarled virgins at Wycombe away for ID. It won't be Barber, he'll probably be project managing at MK Dons or Exxon or Tory HQ or somewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here