Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Quintessentially British" things on toast

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
When we talk of cheese spread are we referring to Boursin rather than Dairy Lea? If so I can go with that but otherwise it's no, no, no. Dairy Lea isn't for spreading. It's a side thingy to go with your ploughman's alongside the real cheese.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I tried this once with my toast. It's not half as nice to eat as you'd imagine.

Capture2.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know about 'quintessentially British' but I vaguely remember eating it (without the salad leaves) on odd occasions - probably (as in the case of an earlier poster) when the mince is a leftover. Tasty enough, especially with a dash of Worcester or Soy sauce.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is that a very thick piece of toast, or a very small plate?

Mince on a jacket potato, yes; mince on toast? No.

And please drop the "salad".

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Marmite, Marmalade and Beans.

Have been known to finish off last nights spag boll or chilli on toast the next day but would not consider making it like that from scratch, certainly not a British classic.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Caviar on tiny pieces of toast washed down with bucks fizz.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When we talk of cheese spread are we referring to Boursin rather than Dairy Lea? If so I can go with that but otherwise it's no, no, no

buzzer! :nono:

What manner of nonsense is this!? How can you introduce a FRENCH cheese, into a list of 'quintessentially British' toast toppings!?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What the ****ing **** is that?

Looks like an eastern european breakfast.

I thought East Europeans...in fact most Europeans...just eat cheese, bread rolls and spicy sausage for breakfast. None of them seem to have heard of the idea of cereals with cold milk.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
buzzer! :nono:

What manner of nonsense is this. How can you introduce a FRENCH cheese, into a list of 'quintessentially British' toast toppings!?

I never said Boursin was a British classic, just that I could quite happily eat it on toast. Anyway, Boursin comes from Normandy and that used to be English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here