Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slow ticket sales for Brentford

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am getting bored of saying it but I feel pretty confident that if you made seats in the South stand 'Twenty´s plenty´ then they would shift A LOT more.

I didn't say every game and the whole point is to fill up the empty seats. Two points missed, in fact three because I said £25 which was the equivalent Withers price. But otherwise well done.

Chill out. Before quoting you, I quoted another poster who was promoting that the South should be the £20 quid stand. I then quoted your post as it alluded to what my point was: which is that people who were NS season ticket holders, paying more per game, would moan (and rightly so) and give up their STs to pay match by match.

Last edited:

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
More fool them then as Brentford games tend to be quite entertaining

"Not a big draw" is a ridiculous comment to make about anyone seeing as you're supposed to be going to support your club. Your comment is also quite right, plenty of excellent fixtures between us over the years and one which was often looked forward to from both sides.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First game of the season for some regular (season ticket holders) home supporters, if the trains are running.

I think anything over 26K will be very good and it might be.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Looks like it will be a decent enough crowd. The north is almost sold out. There are a few blocks with high numbers still available and Brentford seem to of sold decent numbers although not all their allocation.

I'm very disappointed with our sales so far, much as the percentage of our home support we take away is excellent. The excuse being given is Villa away the following Wednesday but I'd have hoped to reach 1,800 at least.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It shouldn't matter but it does.

Highlights of other games shows swathes of empty seats at many grounds and we know the Amex isn't like that, but then our game pops up and the Amex actually does look a bit like that. It feels a shame because the attendances at the Amex have been consistently amazing and it's disappointing that others watching on TV may be thinking "small crowd at Brighton today".

Seats right at the front (say the first seven rows) on the sides are unpopular because the view for half the game is impaired. Some seats are a bit overpriced. I think some should be reduced. It These empty seats make the crowd look poorer on TV on the east side.

And the fans get wet in the first seven rows if raining.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Not a big draw" is a ridiculous comment to make about anyone seeing as you're supposed to be going to support your club. Your comment is also quite right, plenty of excellent fixtures between us over the years and one which was often looked forward to from both sides.

Indeed.

Are you able to explain why most teams promoted from the Championship to the Premier League suddenly go from no sell-outs to weekly sell-outs?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A season ticket is a guarantee of a seat. Not a tit for tit on pricing for an empty section of the ground. Next season you could stop your ST and run the risk of getting a match by match one, not sitting with your mates etc.
Why on earth would people moan about 500 or so tickets being flogged for £20 when it improves atmosphere etc

I can think of a few on here that WOULD moan. Wouldnt really be justified moaning but they WOULD moan. And probably start threatening legal action against the club and all sorts. As sure as there is a hole in my arse.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Indeed.

Are you able to explain why most teams promoted from the Championship to the Premier League suddenly go from no sell-outs to weekly sell-outs?

People turn up who often aren't even fans and just want to see top tier football. It's how Fulham suddenly started getting 24,000 crowds whilst still struggling to take four figures even to London away games.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Looks like it will be a decent enough crowd. The north is almost sold out. There are a few blocks with high numbers still available and Brentford seem to of sold decent numbers although not all their allocation. Still be 25/26k sold which is good, no idea how many will be there, but holidays are now over so no doubt a few gaps wil be filled.
On a plus side the atmosphere home and especially away have been brilliant this year so who really cares what the numbers are? Turn up have a sing and let's hope we can put 3 more points on the board

Good positive post:smile:

Currently 315 available seats in W1A which is more than I can remember seeing for any match.

Brentford haven't sold out their 1800 allocation so the South is going to have big empty spaces too.

Is this Sixth Season Syndrome?

Hardly surprising,if Bloom and Barber are waving the white flag why should the punters show any interest?
Chickens coming home to roost now after a shambles of a transfer window.

I disagree with the OP and all who think sales are slow for this game.

It's still 3 days to kick off and the north has less than 40 SINGLE seat available - unusual at this stage, even, I think 3 days out in the Play off semi
The ESL is pretty much cooked also, apart the least desirable expensive seats in E1F
The ESL has fewer seats available now than were available at kick off at most games last season
There are only 100 seats left in the WSU
The club have already made half of S1F available behind the goal.

I'm not sure how many of their 1800 Brentford have shifted but I'm be surprised if they bring less than 1500.

If needed the club still have the other half of S1F and the southern half of E1H available for home fans, but apart from this, 400 currently on sale in the S and SW corner and about 500 in the WSL that's it!

I predict 28480 to be at our first Saturday 3pm home game for over half a year!

Agree. Those south stand seats rarely shift neither do the west wings. I'd much rather they were full, I don't really care what price they knock those out at.

They are not offered for sale at the outset. If we have a 2000 away following then they will need most of the south stand. For this reason also, there are no season tickets sold here.

On a match by match basis, more tickets are probably sold, when it's offered for sale in these blocks than any other!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Chill out. Before quoting you, I quoted another poster who was promoting that the South should be the £20 quid stand. I then quoted your post as it alluded to what my point was: which is that people who were NS season ticket holders, paying more per game, would moan (and rightly so) and give up their STs to pay match by match.

Just offer them for Band C and B games, £20 for band C, £25 for band B. Full price for Band A games.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's not a ridiculous comment at all. I, personally don't care if we play Brentford or Man U, I am there to watch Brighton. But that's not how the floating supporter views things. Otherwise, please explain why the bigger games get higher crowds?

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
It's not a ridiculous comment at all. I, personally don't care if we play Brentford or Man U, I am there to watch Brighton. But that's not how the floating supporter views things. Otherwise, please explain why the bigger games get higher crowds?

That's the case for clubs who don't regularly sell out but I was under the impression you are often close to doing so - maybe that's not the case. Fair point though, I was under the impression from the title of the thread that the slow ticket sales were specific to this game.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
That's the case for clubs who don't regularly sell out but I was under the impression you are often close to doing so - maybe that's not the case. Fair point though, I was under the impression from the title of the thread that the slow ticket sales were specific to this game.

To be fair, Brentford Away is a much bigger draw than Brentford at home!

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Hardly surprising,if Bloom and Barber are waving the white flag why should the punters show any interest?
Chickens coming home to roost now after a shambles of a transfer window.

You're sort of a resident moron on this board aren't you? Is your life so empty and your interests in life so non-descript that you enjoy writing the nonsense you do ?

Do you log on waiting to see who's been reacting to your drivel?

In short you're wasting your time posting. People aren't outraged by you. If anything you're inspiring people to hold a pity party for you. You empty-headed vacuous waste of oxygen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here