Attachments

• i360.jpg
    i360.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 525

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another personal favourite. Always enjoy seeing this along the glorious train route scenery between Polegate and Lewes, as I will tomorrow en route to Falmer:

Long+Man+on+the+South+Downs.jpg

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
There's so many, but a personal favourite:

View attachment 83393

We nearly bought that white property in the centre of that photo. Amazing house with some of the rooms actually cut into the cliff. It also had a secret garden which was up along the cliff with access only via a private footpath. Crap parking and a set of steps up to the front door made it unfortunately impractical.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ashdown Forest.jpg

Inspiring ? Perhaps not. But the heathland of Ashdown Forest is special to me. Especially early on days when there is no-one around. It could be Africa. Such an increasingly rare site on these shores.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
View attachment 83394

View west from the Racehill is lovely (above) especially at Sun down as the lights come on across Brighton.

I have always liked the view east along the rail track from Shoreham rail station when you go over the level crossing. Lovely tree lined track and Southwick tower on the horizon. Always glance down as I go across. Always means I'm home.

Got to love that one, especially when you can see the IOW *whistle*

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The third pic on my OP is the view from the Sportsman pub out Amberley way. That shot does it no justice. Across that plain you can see deer herds running across, buzzards and other raptors hovering high above to swoop down on prey, all kinds of wildlife for miles. It's so good the pub has rows of binoculars for punters to borrow..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Another personal favourite. Always enjoy seeing this along the glorious train route scenery between Polegate and Lewes, as I will tomorrow en route to Falmer:

View attachment 83397

Whenever I see the Long man of Wilmington I always think neolithic man showed incredible foresight to carve a chalk figure of a man stepping out of a lift.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Balcombe Viaduct, Cuckmere Haven (both already mentioned),but also the view across town from atop the London Road Viaduct.

AA.JPG

One I made earlier.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shame there are no online pictures from the old Lewes Road viaduct.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Another vote for Ashdown Forest from me. I grew up on the high Weald, so for me Sussex has always been more about the forest rather than the coast.

ashdown_forest_gallery_3_large.png

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
As it's my home town, the view of Arundel as you emerge from the trees at Crossbush always lifts my heart. I just cannot find a version online that does it justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here