Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer - past it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nobody in our defence is past it or not up to it at this level. We have the 3rd best defensive record in the division. Just think before you come up with utter drivel.

3rd best eh. That's means there is still room for improvement.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good enough for Scotland

Oh what have I said

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Its moments like this coming up where Dunk has to show he's more then capable of covering. Sometimes these things can be career making windows of opportunity aka Ince.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
So we have 15 clean sheets the best in the Division! Our defenders are obviously shit! Perhaps the pole in the goal should have saved the Reading goal?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The would-be Sky Sports commentator behind me thinks he is rubbish. Actually, so does HovaBoy. I wouldn't know. I'm just a girlie and think they all have lovely legs.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Sending off was harsh, Greer is slow but always has been and it's just as good now as he ever has been hence his international appearances. Certainly coming towards the end of his career but will probably have 2/3 more seasons at this level

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Both cards were harsh imho.

You are joking, right??? The first was a yellow all day long and if the guy had been ten yards closer to our goal, could easily have been a straight red. The second was a yellow as well, Greer got mugged off and stepped across the player, bringing him down. It was a yellow card, the only surprise to me was the ref didn't look like he was going to give it and Greer was going to get away with it. The fact Reading players put pressure on him and he gave it doesn't change the fact it was a bookable offence in the first place. As for Greer being past it, I wouldn't say that, although I would say he is probably the biggest influence on the way we play, as in boring, negative and totally predictable and pedestrian at best, as everything seems to start from him. Everything as in not a lot!!!! This is by far the most boring football, we have played since Mike Bailey. In fact it's been boring since we been at the Amex. Everything being nice, new and shiny doesn't paper over the fact, that what's going on, on the field is dull, dull, dull.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You are joking, right??? The first was a yellow all day long and if the guy had been ten yards closer to our goal, could easily have been a straight red. The second was a yellow as well, Greer got mugged off and stepped across the player, bringing him down. It was a yellow card, the only surprise to me was the ref didn't look like he was going to give it and Greer was going to get away with it. The fact Reading players put pressure on him and he gave it doesn't change the fact it was a bookable offence in the first place. As for Greer being past it, I wouldn't say that, although I would say he is probably the biggest influence on the way we play, as in boring, negative and totally predictable and pedestrian at best, as everything seems to start from him. Everything as in not a lot!!!! This is by far the most boring football, we have played since Mike Bailey. In fact it's been boring since we been at the Amex. Everything being nice, new and shiny doesn't paper over the fact, that what's going on, on the field is dull, dull, dull.
Oh come off it. You must have take and Albion holiday when McGhee was manager as THAT was dull. Thought it was an entertaining game yesterday.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh come off it. You must have take and Albion holiday when McGhee was manager as THAT was dull. Thought it was an entertaining game yesterday.

I will concede McGhee was not the most thrilling manager we ever had, but his hands were somewhat tied at the time and we were all happy just to have a team to watch. Comparing then to now, is like comparing fillet steak to Sainsbury's basics stewing steak. It took the sending off to spark any life into the game, up until that point it was dire. Not one shot on target all first half, just 1 goal again and that was gifted to us. It was effing terrible. People around me were reading their phones and chatting about what to watch on tv later....It's really is crap atm and I don't know how anyone can seriously say otherwise. It's not lovely on the eye, it's bloody boring.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I thought it was quite an entertaining game yesterday with the result in the balance right upto the last kick of the game, can't see how that is dull myself :shrug:

Maybe it says a lot about and that you have just been to too many games and are footballed out (law of deminishing returns applying here?)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought it was quite an entertaining game yesterday with the result in the balance right upto the last kick of the game, can't see how that is dull myself :shrug:

Maybe it says a lot about and that you have just been to too many games and are footballed out (law of deminishing returns applying here?)

well i thought the same ..but then i get accused of being easily pleased :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I will concede McGhee was not the most thrilling manager we ever had, but his hands were somewhat tied at the time and we were all happy just to have a team to watch. Comparing then to now, is like comparing fillet steak to Sainsbury's basics stewing steak. It took the sending off to spark any life into the game, up until that point it was dire. Not one shot on target all first half, just 1 goal again and that was gifted to us. It was effing terrible. People around me were reading their phones and chatting about what to watch on tv later....It's really is crap atm and I don't know how anyone can seriously say otherwise. It's not lovely on the eye, it's bloody boring.

''People around me were reading their phones and chatting about what to watch on tv later''

do you think its because you give off so many negative vibes ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
First yellow he was dropped in the shit by Upson.

Looking at FLS it was BOTH yellows. Upson had a poor game by his standards and put Greer in a couple of crap situations.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I got two thumbs down a couple of weeks ago for suggesting our ageing defence have a collective issue getting going in the 10 minutes after the restart. Once again, we concede a goal and have a man sent off in that period.

Greer is a good player, as is Upson and Bruno, but they are vulnerable at times and age will only increase that vulnerability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here