Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we were going to "take a chance", I'd rather we took a chance with one of our own youngsters than somebody else's.
Unthinkable! We are Brighton & Hove Albion and we don't do things like that! You'd have us putting TEENAGERS in our glorious team, like lesser clubs like Liverpool do? Oh the shame of it!

Surely it's called the U23s because that's where they have to stay until they are 23?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've singed a rb

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crystal Palace are close to agreeing a £12m deal to sign Sunderland's 26-year-old Netherlands left-back Patrick van Aanholt. (Guardian)

The Black Cats have offered former Aston Villa defender Joleon Lescott a short-team deal after the 34-year-old was released by AEK Athens. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough have rejected a bid from a Chinese consortium to buy a 50% stake in the club worth about £50m. (Daily Mail)

Aston Villa want to sell 30-year-old Scotland striker Ross McCormack, who has been ordered to train with the Championship club's under-23s as punishment for repeatedly missing training. (Daily Telegraph)

Villa are close to completing a £6m double deal for Barnsley's 25-year-old midfielder Conor Hourihane and 19-year-old full-back James Bree. (Daily Star)

Sheffield Wednesday will bid £8m for Middlesbrough's 25-year-old Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes, also a target for Villa, but Boro are holding out for £12m. (Sun)

Newcastle are keen to sign Swansea's Gambia winger Modou Barrow, 24, on loan for the rest of the season. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace's chances of survival just got a little bit easier:-

[tweet]823855995780759552[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know Sunderland are short of money at the moment but if I were one of their fans, I'd rather try a development squad player than sign Lescott.

It's mad that all season the Albion have had the quality of Goldson and Uwe twiddling their thumbs, while Blunderland are signing Lescott.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
And Brighton have signed a Junior Right Back, to provide cover, so that our Junior Right Back can go out on loan, Yes i know he will get more game time but i still cannot see the sense in this. Surely the Chelsea player will be on considerably higher salary than our player, even though we only pay a percentage?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
And Brighton have signed a Junior Right Back, to provide cover, so that our Junior Right Back can go out on loan, Yes i know he will get more game time but i still cannot see the sense in this. Surely the Chelsea player will be on considerably higher salary than our player, even though we only pay a percentage?

I was thinking exactly the same - why give another clubs 19 year old some experience when we can give our own 20 (??) year old right back that very same experience?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Chelsea will probably be paying for a large majority of his salary as we're giving their player, who is worth a lot more than our player and better developed, some time and experience with a first team. We're doing the same for Hunt.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I was thinking exactly the same - why give another clubs 19 year old some experience when we can give our own 20 (??) year old right back that very same experience?

Because maybe just maybe the Chelsea lad is better than our lad, and in the event of them needing to play at some point this season, wouldn't it be good to have the best player available on the pitch?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because maybe just maybe the Chelsea lad is better than our lad, and in the event of them needing to play at some point this season, wouldn't it be good to have the best player available on the pitch?

Yes I agree. I'm sure Tony would be delighted to risk promotion just so Rob Hunt can get some games here.

When does his next £20 million cheque need writing ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here