Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

143rd Open Championship

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
They are off and running. Wind is forecast to get up a bit during the day so morning starters favoured especially with Tomorrows forecast still being for wind speed to drop during the day.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
£5 that Peter Alliss will mention slow play and the old players from the past.
£5 that the cameras will show a kid asleep in a pushchair and a hare running across a green.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Usual SBI tips for me:

Miguel Angel Jimenez 0.2 ew 100/1 FRL 6 places
Jimmy Walker 0.35 ew 100/1 6 places
Brendon Todd 0.5 ew 125/1 6 places
Tommy Fleetwood 0.25 ew 200/1 8 places
Michael Hoey 0.2 ew 250/1
Angel Cabrera 0.2 ew 125/1
Patrick Reed 0.3 ew 125/1
Mikko Ilonen 0.3 ew 150/1

:moo:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Usually on the Beeb - don't think Sky have the rights. Which is a good thing as we do not have to listen to that Ewan Murray twit. 11 or 12 hours uninterrupted coverage usually.

Blimey. I know
I have a bad memory, but I could have sworn Sky showed everything and the beeb only showed limited coverage/ highlights for the first two days, then more over the weekend. I must be wrong. Much prefer Sky golf coverage personally.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bogey Bogey start for Tiger :nono:

Not what the sport wants or needs.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A low first round for McIlroy, then balls up the other 3 days. Looks like he's on target.

Could be. Needs to start putting though - should have birdied first 3 and only birdied one of them. It's friday he cocks up - he is -43 for first rounds in 2014 and +11 for second rounds! 4 times so far this year he has shot 64 or better on day 1.

Garcia going well so far -3 after 6. Tigger +2 after 4 and not looking good.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is it just me that can't stand Peter Aliss?

Currently, he is giving his wisdom on Tiger Woods swing and what he should do using one line 'He probably hasn't thought about it' Yeah right. Tiger Woods lives and breathes golf, the very notion that he has never thought about swinging the club slower or why he blocks it right on occasion is absurd. Still Aliss knows best like the footy fan who phones up Robbie Savage and demands 4-4-2

He has moved onto patronising Hazel Irvine as I type. I'll have to mute this sooner or later.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thank god for that Ken Brown is now on. I was reaching for the remote when Aliss started sneering that people having a drink made the place look like a 'Posh Butlins'

What a complete CJTC.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Is it just me that can't stand Peter Aliss?

Currently, he is giving his wisdom on Tiger Woods swing and what he should do using one line 'He probably hasn't thought about it' Yeah right. Tiger Woods lives and breathes golf, the very notion that he has never thought about swinging the club slower or why he blocks it right on occasion is absurd. Still Aliss knows best like the footy fan who phones up Robbie Savage and demands 4-4-2

He has moved onto patronising Hazel Irvine as I type. I'll have to mute this sooner or later.

I quite like Peter Alliss actually - this is about the only chance every year to listen to him and whilst he is getting old, he does talk sense sometimes. The reason Tiger blocks it is that he loses height on his downswing - has been doing it for years now and not fixed it, so maybe he does need talking to. Ken Brown did agree with him.

Anyway 10 players now on -3 including Rory, Garcia and Fowler. Weather is benign so someone has to score low and the most likely suspect is Rory so far.

Off to play golf myself now in a moment, so enjoy the rest of it!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I quite like Peter Alliss actually - this is about the only chance every year to listen to him and whilst he is getting old, he does talk sense sometimes. The reason Tiger blocks it is that he loses height on his downswing - has been doing it for years now and not fixed it, so maybe he does need talking to. Ken Brown did agree with him.

Anyway 10 players now on -3 including Rory, Garcia and Fowler. Weather is benign so someone has to score low and the most likely suspect is Rory so far.

Off to play golf myself now in a moment, so enjoy the rest of it!

Rory is playing well although I am not convinced on his Domino's Pizza outfit.

I'm going to nip down the range later myself. Great day for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here