Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive Invasion at Waterhall

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
The trouble is, the Greens are a complete waste of space. Everyone except a few wannabe Hipsters realise this! I bet that those who voted for them are now regretting it!

alas, probably not, as most of them dont drive a car ,nor care who is affected by,and pays for the mess left behind, and dont give two hoots about something as trivial as a football torno being sacrificed to accommodate
these people

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
They may have not made their statements very eloquently but they certainly aren't mad. The local Green Party, when in power, were pretty loud in their support of travellers and their condemnation of anyone that dared be critical of them and their actions. At one council meeting where it was suggested that the council should become much tougher and instigate a zero tolerance approach to travellers one Green Councillor, I'm pretty sure it was Lizzie Deane, apoplectic in her defence of the travellers and how they were continuously picked on etc etc.

When Mike Weatherley, the then MP for Hove, arranged a meeting with local residents to discuss what they wanted done about the problem he was rounded upon by both Caroline Lucas ( who attended the meeting and was resoundingly drowned out with boos after she spoke in defence of travellers ) and Ben Duncan. Duncan even accused Weatherley of inciting racial hatred ( but given how utterly mad and vile Duncan is Weatherley probably took it as a compliment ! ).

The Greens adopted a soft touch on travellers - Jason Kitcat spoke a number of times in favour of only removing them from key sites and leaving them be elsewhere.

While the only real solution is to make trespass a criminal act, the council and the police should be making life as unpleasant as possible when these people just turn up and park. Not carrying out soft touch policies like the Greens suggest. The building of an additional travellers site is also not acceptable - firstly because they won't use it ( Horsdean has had space in the past when they've invaded Waterhall ) and secondly why should the taxpayer provide them somewhere to stop ? Strange that the council have come down heavily on homeless people setting up tents but don't have the guts to face down these vile people ( Dawn Barnett excepted ).

EDIT - *** Awaits the usual sycophantic defence of the Greens from the usual suspect ***

The local green party are, always will be, and have always been complete clowns. They only ran the council for 4 years though - neither the Tories or Labour have done anything to combat the problem.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Surely plod could start checking all their vehicles for tax and insurance and MOT's etc....? that would get them moving.

LOL...if only! Plod are too scared to do anything. When I suggested (via local councillor) that plod send a couple of PCSO's to wander around and check their vehicles, and provide an element of reassurance to the locals when they invaded Victoria Park two years ago, the police response was."we don't want to inflame the situation"!!!

The following week Police Federation rep on tv whining that they don't get the support from the public. Really? Wonder why that might be!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This shit is honestly one of the few things where my Liberal lefty brain takes a backseat and let's the other part take over.

Bloody hate them.
I don't think anyone is on their side, yet nothing is done about it. WTF?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How dare anybody say a bad word about these people???...they're a 'Minority'...and any opinion other than they are just victims of the nasty society and or just expressing their 'culture' of doing what ever the hell they like with no recourse is nothing but pure racism!
I'm sure Caroline Clueless and all the other 'right on' hand wringing liberals who blight our city, who love nothing but to jump to the defence of the oppressed minority's or 'victims' of any possible right on cause, would be happy to put their hands in their pockets to support them financially and open up her garden and drive way to such oppressed people???
We have plenty of 'right on' liberals on NSC, but I'm struggling to see much support for the travelers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The problem with prosecuting them for criminal damage (cutting the padlock off) is that they all deny they did it, don't know who did and "it was already open when I arrived".
So change the ****ing laws!

They've got laws to stop a few of us listening to some music in a park, they can easily bring in laws to stop caravans/motor homes gathering on public/private land, that allows the authorities to immediately seize the vehicles.

Fixing this would be piss easy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A couple of years back I met the senior RSPCA inspector reacting to incidents in much of Sussex. He had just from call outs on mid Sussex where Irish travellers were inflicting pain on their horses, whipping them with rubber hoses. He expanded those incidents were dominating his workload.

So many totally repellent features to these career criminals, visiting (and unfortunately hanging around) OUR ISLAND.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
This.

How hard can it be to protect the sites the travellers habitually target? Solid barriers e.g. rocks, those metal barriers etc.

Having been involved in trying to keep "Unauthorised vehicles" (we couldn't say caravans), off of Brighton's parks, I can assure you we tried everything. Reinforced metal gates, ditches, bunds, chicanes, width restrictors etc etc. Because sports fields need regular mowing, there has to be an access point, and whatever measures were put in place, it was nothing that a mini-digger or oxyacetylene cutter wouldn't sort out. Every time we upped our game, the Travellers upped theirs. Unless the law is changed, this will happen for ever unfortunately.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
This is not quite true. The Tents in Brighton and Hove are actually covered by local bye-laws which makes camping in certain green spaces an offence and the council can prosecute. However they do not like doing this. With regard to the extra sites at Horsdean this then allows a section 62 notice to be served directing the travellers to go to the transit site, if they refuse to go they cannot return to the city for 3 months as it is then a criminal offence. Without the transit site you could only issue a section 61 notice which meant they could simply move to the next green space in the city.

A friend of mine used to work in a council planning office in mid Wales and explained this to me. He said that their local council spent well over one million pounds updating their local transit site so that it was up to the requisite standard and could accommodate x amount of travellers and their caravans. Upon completion, the site was used to process the orders you mentioned, meaning that those trespassing on land belonging to both private residents and the council were forced to move to the new site, or move on. Within one week of this new facility being built and the police enforcing their new powers, the place was completely gutted of all of its valuable scrap metal and considered "unfit for use". Apparently this is one of their favourite plays.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So change the ****ing laws!

They've got laws to stop a few of us listening to some music in a park, they can easily bring in laws to stop caravans/motor homes gathering on public/private land, that allows the authorities to immediately seize the vehicles.

Fixing this would be piss easy.

If as they do , stick two fingers up to the Law....What do you do next ?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Are you ill?

No.....!
but I am sick...
Of scum like that thinking they can do what they want.

Pathetic rules/laws protecting them.

And lefty liberal hand wringers who some how think they do nothing wrong and feel the need to jump to their defence from anyone who dare speak their mind and then try to turn it around and label and demonise them as "Raaacist"...!
...so you then really!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Well said .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The Kevin Ogle Charity Tournament this weekend. One of the really good ones with great attendance and typically a great day with kids and adults competing.

Six-a-Side-Football-Tournament-1.jpg

Wouldn't want to play there even if they leave. There will be shit everywhere dirty *******s

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Ran through waterhaĺl this evening and just a few caravans left and not much rubbish by there standard's,bushes as usual we're full of excrement, toilet paper and used nappies.Amases me that Caroline Lucas leaps to the defense of these parasites,people should remember where her loyalties lie when they cast there vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here