Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Impartiality does not imply that you can't be critical, and that you have to say everything is wonderful. You just have to be even-handed in your criticism.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Totally agree mate...unfortunately the BBC are anything but impartial!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ever the optimists, many hoped that there would be softening of positions, diplomacy.

But it never got that far, politicians across all 28 nations did their hardline posturing through the media.

Then they were idiots, we were never going to be able to opt out of freedom of movement and keep everything else. That much really should have been obvioous and explained to people, then we might not have found ourselves in this mess.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I agree with it and believe the people who should be eligible are those receiving pension credit or similar assistance.

Perhaps they should say that you only qualify if you pay council tax or receive a credit for it.

So which is it, pay council tax and get the fuel allowance, or you need a pension credit to get it.

However, Scottish Pensioners are set to contain to get the allowance regardless, so maybe the English pensioners close to the border will have to visit friends north of the border just to keep warm in the winter months.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Labour is planning to borrow £25bn in their first year, the Tories have borrowed £700bn in 7 years. Its not madness, particularly because the Labour spending is targeted towards economy-stimulating infrastructure projects and finally, hopefiully, renationalising our essential services. Whereas the Tory borrowing is used to offset tax cuts, largely targeted at big business and the well-off, whilst clearly not borrowing enough to prevent massive cuts to welfare, the NHS and education.

You raise a good point about Tory borrowing. The levels of debt they're racking up are astonishing; absolutely eye watering levels of debt never seen in the UK before. It's Greece Mk 2 but without the EU to bail you out. I have struggled to understand how they can get away with this. But then I read that the average UK household owes close to £10,000 in debts such as personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts, which is a new high in cash terms. The report is by PwC and titled "Precious Plastic: How Britons Fell Back in Love With Borrowing." This is going to end in tears; mark my words.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So which is it, pay council tax and get the fuel allowance, or you need a pension credit to get it.

However, Scottish Pensioners are set to contain to get the allowance regardless, so maybe the English pensioners close to the border will have to visit friends north of the border just to keep warm in the winter months.

I would say both to make you eligible as being in recept of pension credit shows you need it and are not wealthy. Either paying council tax or receiving tax benefit shows that you live in England rather than Spain Malta or The Algarve.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I agree. They are biased to the right.

Fvck me...let me have the number of your dealer...because the drugs you must be on are clearly top notch!
The BBC biased towards the Conservatives....ha ha ha...that's quite frankly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Fvck me...let me have the number of your dealer...because the drugs you must be on are clearly top notch!
The BBC biased towards the Conservatives....ha ha ha...that's quite frankly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!!
I'm guessing you're about twelve.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Labour manifesto published days ago yet they cant decide whether or not they want Trident, with Thornberry contradicting the manifesto to say it would be under review.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Sounds a perfect campaign chief for Corbyn. Should stick to tennis.

Jeremy Corbyn’s new election campaign chief is the infamous communist and Stop the War chair Andrew Murray. A member of the Communist Party of Britain (pro-Stalin, pro-Soviet faction) until a few months ago, Murray is an apologist for Stalin who has defended the Soviet Union, supported North Korea and downplayed the Paris terrorist attacks.

Last year, Murray was introduced by Corbyn at a panel event in which he downplayed the terrorist attacks in Paris. He said:

“The barbarism we condemn in Paris is minute compared to the barbarism wrought by imperialism across the planet in the last 13 years and we must condemn that… It is a sad lesson we have to re-learn from the attacks in Paris, it needs bringing home again and again.”

After Corbyn had become Labour leader, Murray told the Guardian he would be staying in the Communist Party because of his commitment to the ideology:

“All my children are in the Labour party. All four. One has been in the Labour party a long time; the other three are all there as a result of Jeremy’s surge. But, no: I’m a member of the Communist party. That’s where I am. Communism still represents, in my view, a society worth working towards – albeit not by the methods of the 20th century, which failed.”

In order to join Labour and start working in its party HQ, Murray has gone back on this commitment and quit the Communist Party.

https://order-order.com/2017/05/15/andrew-murrays-greatest-hits/

This article contradicts itself. It says his party is pro stalin (strongly inferring he is too and yes it's intentional), but then quotes him saying the complete opposite.

There's actually a lot more wrong with it, but I can't be arsed. It's lazy writing, I'd guess playing to a Base.

Still, don't let that stop you freaking out about those pesky reds!

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If it wasn't a terrorist loving, arms reducing leader of the opposition that will never win the will of the public, let alone his own party (read Michael Foot), I could take their manifesto. If that was presented by Labour leader Dave Milliband I'd say OK lets go for it.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
And that's your retort to me and another post???����

Sums you and your futile argument up very clearly mate!
I'm making the same argument as you, but in reverse. Unless you provide actual evidence that the BBC is biased, instead of just posting childishly expressed opinions, why should anyone take you seriously?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keep up. The Tory manifesto confirmed that the final deal will be voted on by parliament.

Yes only after being taken to the highest court in the land kicking and screaming. So we get this point and parliament voted down the deal and then we jump off a cliff and hope.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What like the left leaning audience picked for last nights QT.

Often depend on the location of the porgramme, the audience is not had picked. There always seems to be a conspiracy the Beeb is left wing, but if you immerse yourself enough in our right wing print media any balance is going to feel left wing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here