Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noooooooooo!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You are very generous, its about 80% around me

The people near me in WSU pretty all sing Stand or Fall and a few of us make a point of shouting those lines as loud as possible for any melts that still do not understand the original lyrics to our anthem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The answer is very simple for those that do not like her just sing along at the same speed as her and drown her out as 25000 singing would be a lot louder than just her.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Hmm. I can understand people's disapproval on grounds of taste; if you don't like the sound of her murdering GOSBTS then fine; but to suggest it's grossly inappropriate is a stretch IMO. What exactly is inappropriate? That she's a soprano? Or that she's being paid to sing it?
It's as ridiculously inappropriate as deciding that the Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde would sound magnificent if sung in the Royal Opera House by a pissed-up football crowd.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It is such a special occasion that they could have shown a bit more imagination and done something different.

I hope they show the Montage aired at the awards reception on Tuesday in the build up with the excellent soundtrack at maximum volume. Cannot wait.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What is the link between opera singers and football? Did it all start with Italia 90?
No.. they were 3 tenors

Sopranos started when the dimwit at Twickenham started using them... this was a progression from the flaming American crap solo anthem singing..... we do community singing.. stop with the fookin soprano crap.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must disagree as I thought that was awful but then as I have said I do not like choirs.

I'm not usually a HUGE fan myself. But even though the cheese-factor is through the roof on that, I find it impossible to watch it without a grin. They are bloody good.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well I thought she was brilliant :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here