Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for Kaz to quit the acrobatic goal celebrations?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Nope, love it. May be concerned if he did it in open play though :) :)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It's a fantastic celebration, pure entertainment - of course there is a slight risk of injury, but KLL loves doing it, the fans (especially kids) love watching him do it.

It certainly beats those cringeworthy narcissistic personal celebrations or in-jokes that many players do, eg cradle rocking or other things that mean nothing to the fans.

Totally agree, love watching him genuinely enjoying his football, scoring and celebrating, long may it continue

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Poyet tried to stop him, others let him do his own thing of which I'm in their camp, I'd like to see him perform three totally separate ones in the next game...and the next :)

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
They are flicks, not flips.

Correct ..... he is doing a round off flick tuck back, adding an extra flick for each goal he scores. My two boys (11 and 9) scare the living daylights out of me on a daily basis doing these in the garden. They assure me its a pretty easy maneuver in the scheme of things with a low risk of injury ..... but as I point out to them, they do do six hours of gymnastics coaching a week :ffsparr:

Hopefully though Kaz will be doing 25 flicks by the end of the season :bowdown:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I get the impression we're utilising Kaz quite a lot better than we ever have done before. In the past, he was of course at fault for lacking consistency, but far too often it used to be a case of getting the ball to him in the hope he produced something out of nothing. The first sign of change for me was his goal at Southend, where for once he was running onto a through ball rather than getting it miles from goal, stopping, then smashing a shot/cross in. The team are clearly playing to his strengths in a different way. Pace and power are important strengths at this level, and, as we have seen, you can get lots of success by basing your attacking play on players that are hard to handle for the average defender. I don't think we've had a manager that manages Kaz as well as Hughton is at the moment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet tried to stop him, others let him do his own thing of which I'm in their camp, I'd like to see him perform three totally separate ones in the next game...and the next :)

He used to get fined for doing it which was he stopped. As I said on the other thread, his ankle was smashed at Hartlepool. He had a plate in it for a long time and if he landed awkwardly, it could finish his career. Poyet wasn't being a killjoy, but trying to protect him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here